University Testing Services adheres to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Standards and Guidelines. Our Mission is to provide a service and environment which fosters student success and supports teaching excellence through the return of class time to instructors and students. We endeavor to provide an environment that is comfortable, standardized, efficient, equitable and secure. An environment in which each examinee has an equal opportunity to demonstrate their ability and be provided with reliable, valid, and comparable results.
Appointments and Requests:
ETSU Students: Exam Registration: Course Testing, Major Field Tests, CCTST and other ETSU Exams Start Here
Non-ETSU Examinees: Exam Registration: Proctored Exams, CLEP Certification Exams, Non-ETSU Placement Exams
All Other Exams: Please contact your test-issuer. A partial list of exam companies can be found ACT, SAT, GRE, Praxis, ets
Parking: If you are not an ETSU student, faculty, or staff member, you will need a temporary parking pass from Parking Services.You can print one out here: Printable Temporary PassIf you would like to pick one up in-person, please stop by 132 Stout Drive, off of University Blvd. There is a drive-thru window.
Test Day Instructions:
- On the day of your appointment, please bring a valid ID (either an ETSU ID, or any photo ID that is govt. issued and valid (photo, signature, unexpired expiration date).
- Scratch Paper and pencils will be provided. We also provide disposable earplugs upon request.
- We Do NOT provide calculators. Calculators can be checked out at the Sherrod Library Ask-Us desk.
- Permitted materials will be checked before you are seated.
- Cell Phones and Smartwatches will be turned off and stored in a locking pouch that you take to your seat with you.
- Gum, food, and drinks are prohibited in the testing area.
- Children and pets are not allowed, except for service animals.
- No sunglasses, Hats, Hoods on Heads, Watches (of any kind), Large Jewelry, or Pens/Mechanical Pencils are allowed in the testing area.
- UTS reserves the right to inspect any jewelry, eyeglasses, or any item that may have a recording device in it.
- All exams are by appointment only.
- If you wish to use accommodations:
- Students should register with ETSU's Disability ServicesIf you are not an ETSU student, please make arrangements with your instructor, testing company (ETS, Collegeboard, ACT, etc.)
- NOTE: our registration system does not compensate for extra time accommodations. If you have double or time-and-a-half, please note our closing time and schedule with enough time to get checked in and complete your exam. We close at closing time.
Testing Center Hours:
All Exams By Appointment OnlyMonday to Thursday: 9AM to 9PM Friday: 9AM-4:30PMNOTE: Summer and Break Hours are 9AM to 4:30PM Monday to Thursday, Closed Friday
Testing staff members have the right to refuse admission to Testing Services for any reason deemed a possible violation of security or as a possible disruption to other examinees.
*Exceptions are made for items permitted for specific tests from specific testing companies. Please read the information on your test admission ticket and/or the website where you registered for the test to be certain of all the policies that apply specifically to your test!