Page parameters control pre set aspects of a page such as title, keywords, editable regions for page layout, and header content. To view page parameters, the page must be checked out to you (the light blub needs to be on).
There are two ways to access page parameters:
- In Content >Pages, (page list view) hover over the checked-out page you want to edit and choose "Properties" from the Edit menu.
- While viewing a checked-out page, (page view) click Properties in the page actions buttons.
Page parameters fall under two categories: Title and Metadata, and Custom Settings.
Title and Metadata
The fields in this section configure general information about the page, often used by search engines.
The following fields are always present:
The title of the page displays on the browsers tab. The Page Title is the single most important part of your on-page SEO. Use attention “grabbing” headlines and make it as unique as possible. Use a combination of your keyword and the common phrase your keyword would “naturally” be search for within your title tag. Try to keep your titles no longer than 55 characters.
- Keywords: Add the pages keywords and phrases followed by commas. Keywards are used for SEO purposes.Use
these keywords in your title and in the content of your page. But do not over use,
no more that 5 6% of your content should be keywords. We can help you find SEO strong
keywords - just fill out the Keyword Form and we will return a list for you.
- Description: A description for the page is displayed by search engines if the page comes up as
a search result. Use action content and make it as unique as possible. Use a combination
of your keywords and the common phrases your keyword would “naturally” be searched
for within your description. Keep your description no longer than 155 characters.
Each page should have a uniqiue description.
- Author: Commonly used for news articles and blogs.
- Tags: Tags are used in Omni CMS to filter content, this does not affect search on your live website.
- Page Heading: Used for the title displayed on the page itself.
- Page Type and Column Options: Many pages have the option to be displayed as a one-, two-, or three-column layout, with additional options for configuring the columns' content.
- Additional Editable Regions: Optional editable regions that can be enabled or disabled for a page.
- Image Slider Region: Add an image gallery asset to the page.
Click Save to save any changes. Just like editing page content, the page must be published for changes to appear on the live website.