Tips for Writing Your Content
Tips to make your site mobile friendly
- Shorter Page Titles - if the title is over 32 characters it will wrapping into the
body of your site, causing difficulties in reading the text
- Chunks of scannable text instead of long paragraphs - users on their mobile devises
are just looking for a bit or a snack more than likely not the meal
- Use snippets and components, they are responsive making them mobile friendly
- Consider using accordions for your content. Users will select the information they
- Use lists
Examples of the Tips
Chunks of Text
A method of chunking content for the web, the bite, snack and meal approach entails writing for the appetite of a variety of web visitors. Some will nibble at content, some will spend more substantial time with it and others will dive right in to get the most possible out of the content.
- Bite - a headline with a message
"Wash a car without leaving streaks - research shows special technique works best"
When the option is available, the bite links to the content.
- Snack - a concise summary that provides enough information for a content overview
"Wash your car the right way and you'll avoid annoying streaks, while saving water. Research from the Car Washing Institute of America's new study shows that starting at the top washing your way down works best. Avoid streaks, reduce damage from grit and reduce water use by 50% when you start at the top."
The snack then links to the content.
- Meal - the full, original content
Example: a lengthy article on washing a car.
Information from Wikipedia
This is an accordion - view what an accordion looks like on a mobile device.
You can use bullets or numbered list, these are found in the tool bar or you can use a list snippet.
List of the days of the week - tool bar
Goals - snippet
- Take Sunday Drives
Tools that will help your site be mobile friendly
- media genesis - Responsive Webdesign Checker
- Responsinator - Responsive screen testing that views site in landscape
- Screen Fly -Responsive screen testing on monitors, tablets, smart phones, and more
- Hemingway - Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear
- Tips for writing web content
Need training in Omni CMS or would like a refresher? Here is our schedule.