- The University Council shall meet on the 2nd Monday of each month.
- Meeting order will follow a standard agenda.
- Agenda items will be received in the President’s Office no later than 2 weeks prior
to the meeting.
- The agenda and supporting documentation will be distributed to the membership no later
than one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Special meetings of the Council may be called for unfinished and/or pressing business
- Sub-Councils of the University Council will be convened to consider: 1) budget and
finance issues; 2) strategic planning; 3) evaluation and assessment; 4) legislative/governmental
issues; and 5) ad-hoc bodies as needed.
- The University President serves as the Chair of the University Council.
- A Vice Chair, who will preside at all meetings of the Council, will be elected annually
from the membership.
- New terms of appointment will start in July at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Parliamentary Procedure according to Robert’s Rules of Order will be used.
- A “Period for Public Comment” will be enforced for all policy items prior to a vote by the Council.