Below are other useful links we recommend:
About.com - Need. Know. Accomplish. Lifestyles for women.
- Accredited Schools Online - The site has several helpful resources in order to get students and those ready
to further their education prepared for the upcoming school year that includes guidebooks,
college how-to's, degree options and so much more.
- Accredited Schools Online list of Accredited Schools in Tennessee - School rankings for Tennessee including East Tennessee State University.
- Accredited Schools Online Affordability Guide - With college costs rising almost yearly, Accredited Schools Online has dedicated
a guide specific to affordability and how to complete a college education within a
- Accredited Schools Online Financial Aid Guide - This link offers a comprehensive look at financial aid options for those prepping
to complete their education. Also includes a guide to Financial Aid and Scholarships for Women.
- Accredited Schools Online LPN to RN Guide - Resources and programs for nursing career advancement.
- Accredited Schools Online Women’s Guide to Business School - Provides resources to excel in the business world.
- Accredited Schools Online list of Accredited Schools in Tennessee - School rankings for Tennessee including East Tennessee State University.
- Addiction Resource -- The goal at Addiction Resource is to provide a wealth of information to help better
educate students about substance abuse and motivate the ones who may be suffering
to seek the support they need. We believe in our ability to help improve the lives
of others, and belief is what motivates us to educate and support our readers every
- Affordable Colleges.com - Information on Affordable Colleges.com's 29 excellent scholarships for women attending college.
- Affordable Colleges Online - A web site providing a no-cost guide to aid prospective college students in identifying
and securing college scholarships and grants, along with finding key financial aid
information and resources in one place. The link provided is for the "helping women
pay for college." The site contains information for all genders.
- College Savings and 529 Plans - Affordable College's Online expert advice and tools to help maximize your savings potential.
- Guide to College Cost Calculators
- Guide to College Degrees for Social Justice - Affordable College's Online guide to career ideas for fighting inequality.
- Guide to Colleges with Payment Plans and No Application Fees.
- Guide to a Debt Free College Degree - Affordable College's Online guide to a number of financial resources available
to make ones college dream come true without the crushing debt.
- Guide to Financial Aid for Online Colleges - Affordable College's Online guide to financial aid resources for online college.
- Resources for Women in STEM - Affordable College's Online guide to scholarships, programs and organizations helping
women bridge the STEM gender gap.
- Understanding Cyberbullying in College - College cyberbullying can make simply leaving the dorm a nightmare. Understanding what it is and what drives bullies to do what they do can go a long way toward helping students figure out how to curtail the problem. This web site provides tips, tools and solutions for recognizing and stopping bullying in social media and online.
- College Savings and 529 Plans - Affordable College's Online expert advice and tools to help maximize your savings potential.
American Association University Women - Concerned about education and equity for all women & girls.
- American Lung Association - The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
American Medical Women's Association - The American Medical Women's Association is a national organization of women physicians and medical students. We are dedicated to promoting women's health, improving the professional development and personal well-being of our members and increasing the influence of women in all aspects of the medical profession.
- Application.Careers - As a one-stop job database, Application.Careers provides job-hunters with comprehensive
job application information, job application forms, online & offline application guidance,
resume templates and cover letter samples. Find useful information you need to apply
for a job now and guild a brand-new career today!
- Asbestos.com - This site covers vital services and free resources for patients and families affected
- Best Colleges.com Scholarships for Women - The American Association for University Women recently reported that 53% of women
have high student loan debt just one year after graduation, compared to 39% of men. To help bridge this gender funding gap, the college planning experts at BestColleges.com
developed a holistic financial aid guide specifically for women. It breaks down available
grants, scholarships, and fellowships, along with useful tips and tricks.
- Best Colleges.com 2017 Student Guide to Online Education Report - Created by Best Colleges.com to helps a student decide if online learning is the
right choice for them and waht to expect as an online student.
- Best Colleges.com Financial Aid information for BSN programs - An investigative review of the best online BSN programs available in the U.S. Along
with Best Colleges.com findings they have included valuable resources and guides for
students such as financial aid information that students can leverage to help finance
- Best Colleges.com Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino Women - A holistic financial aid guide specifically for Hispanic and Latino student.
- Best Colleges.com Scholarships and Guide for Women pursuing STEM degrees - This guide makes the case for supporting women in STEM by clearly outlining the
challenges and opportunities available, while also featuring a listing of scholarships valued at over $100,000.
- Best Colleges.com 2017 Student Guide to Online Education Report - Created by Best Colleges.com to helps a student decide if online learning is the right choice for them and waht to expect as an online student.
- Best Values Schools.org has developed huge pools of resources to help you not only choose the perfect school,
but also to maximize your student experience. Following are some links of interest.
Boneporosis - This site covers symptoms, treatments, and living with osteoporosis.
Breast Cancer Research Foundation - An organization committed to achieving prevention and a cure for breast cancer.
- Cerebral Palsy Group - Cerebral Palsy Group is a national organization that was created so that it may
serve the individuals and families who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. We
are here to provide information and support so that we may help provide resources
and education to those affected by CP.
- Cerebral Palsy Group's Birth Injury web page - Cerebral palsy serves as just one potential form of brain injury in children. The injury can occur before, during or after birth. Different types of CP impact children and adults in different ways.
- Cerebral Palsy - Link to the "College Guide for Students with Cerebral Palsy" assembled by the Cerebral Palsy Guidance group.
CityWomen- Local city guides for women.
- CNA Classes Guide to Paying for Nursing School - This guide covers an overview of financial aid options, outlines the different
sources of funding, and provides specific places to look for financial aid. It also
provides some tips on how to stand out when going through the application process.
In addition, there are over 30 scholarships listed that are updated on a regular
basis. The scholarships range from community foundations, to strictly merit based,
to loan forgiveness programs.
- College Affordability Guide- The mission of this web site is to provide clear, correct info and advice on the
many options students have to reduce the cost of their degree, and to offer a fresh
analysis of which colleges are doing the most to make high-quality education. The
site provides state-by-state information on the most affordable colleges.
- Consumer Safety.org - A self-funded organization with no affiliations or advertising on the site. They gather
recall information from not only the CPSC, but also the FDA, and NHTSA, and present
it in an easy to understand format. The site also contains information about current
events and news that impacts consumers, and contains several in-depth safety guides.
- ConsumerAffairs.com online guide about "debt consolidation.
- Computer Science for Women - Despite the wide range of job opportunities in computer science, women remain significantly
underrepresented in the field. Today, however, many companies, organizations, and
colleges are committed to increasing the number of women in computer science. Learn
whats being done and how you can prepare for a successful career in this innovative
- ConsumersDangers.com - A website dedicated to keeping the public informed about consumer dangers and safety
issues associated with numerous products that can cause the public serious harm.
- Cord Blood Foundation Parent's Guide - Cord Blood Foundation's Parent's Guide that provides balanced education about both
public donation and private storage of cord blood, maintains the world's largest databases
of both public and family cord blood banks, providing the only searchable map of donation
hospitals in the United Sates, and Cord Blood Foundation is accredited by the Health
On the Net (HON) international standards.
- Cyber Bullying: The Definitive Guide for Educators, Parents, and Family Members - A guide provided through the web site of Background Checks.org.
- Cyber Bullying and School Safety - School counselors can have a major impact on bullying and the overall sense of
safety at school, to help spread awareness Bradley University's Online Master of Arts
in Counseling program has created an educational resource that highlights the role
of school counselors in bullying and school safety.
- Cyber Degree Hub - A website dedicated to providing students with useful, unbiased information on different security
degree programs, schools, and employment opportunities within this ever growing industry.
- Cyber Degrees.com - The field of cyber security has never been hotter. To help you find your dream job,
Cyber Degree.com has pulled together a comprehensive directory of colleges and universities
offering cyber security degrees.
- Cyber Degrees Guide to Government Security Clearances - Cyber Degree.com guide to information on in-depth resources, including their complete
guide to government security clearances (what they are, why they're given, and how
to earn them).
- Cyber Degree Jobs - Cyber Degrees.com detailed look into 20 careers related to cyber security, including
job responsibilities, requirements, and growth opportunities.
- Cyber Degrees Guide to Government Security Clearances - Cyber Degree.com guide to information on in-depth resources, including their complete guide to government security clearances (what they are, why they're given, and how to earn them).
- Cyber Security Degrees - A website providing up-to-date resources for the latest on security clearances, types of cyber security jobs, database of cybersecurity programs, and rankings of the top cybersecurity degree programs.
Drug Center - A web resource that provides trusted information on many popular drugs and devices used by women. The Drug Center resource also has a comprehensive and streamlined page dedicated to womens health.
- Endometriosis Association
Equal Rights Advocates - ERA is one of the most respected women's law centers in the nation. Based in San Francisco, ERA works for advancement of women through the establishment of their economic, social and political equality.
Feminist Majority Foundation Online - Home of the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance to campuses nationwide.
- Financial Help for Women in Abusive Relationships by MoneyGeek.com - A guide that includes: 1) tips for preparing to leave an abusive
relationship; 2) Advice to regain financial control; 3) a descriptive Q&A with experts.
- FormSwift.com Scholarship - A young startup company dedicated to creating personal and legal templates that
are customizable, easy to use, and highly professional. The site contains a $1,000 Scholarship Contest, which has been made available for high school seniors and college students across
- GoGrad: Helping Women in STEM/Graduate School Support Services - While gender equality has gained more awareness, women still tend to be underrepresented
in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) careers. As the gender gap begins
to decrease in these fields, however, organizations are recruiting women for STEM
positions more than ever before. Learn more about STEM graduate degree programs, scholarships
and career options.
- GoGrad: Women and Master's Degrees - Learn more about the state of women in graduate school, and the programs that help
them succeed. The site provides information about:
- Facts and figures about women and master's degrees
- Advice for female grad students and tips for online education
- External resources and scholarships for women
Healthy Babies/Healthy Business - Specifically addresses how to promote a healthy pregnancy and reduce the risk of premature births.
Hispanic Outlook - National magazine covering issues affecting minorities in higher education.
- Learn How To Become - Learn How To Become.org wants you to achieve your academic and career goals. To
help, the site provides in-depth information on how to pursue a myriad of careers,
as well as how to conduct an effective job search in a variety of fields and industries.
The guides include insight and advice from several experts and extensive research
on different career paths. Some of the resources provided are directed at women with
the ideology focused on pursuing careers in non-traditional fields such as science,
technology, engineering, medical, military and blue collar fields. From higher salaries
to a diversified skillset, learn how women may benefit from pursuing careers in traditionally
- The Guide to Careers To Combat HIV and Aids at Learn How to Become -This guide takes a comprehensive look at HIV, including prevention,
testing and ways to stay healthy after contracting the disease. It also examines how
HIV and AIDS impact families and communities, and how health professionals and those
in non-health-related fields can make a lasting difference. See how you can play a
key part in preventing HIV and AIDS as well as helping those already affected.
- The Job Search & Career Resource Center at Learn How To Become - Provides information on Closing the Gender Gap and Non-Traditional Careers for Women.
- The Grad's Guide to Getting Hired at Learn How to Become - Provides information on helping students maximize their chances of finding employment after college.
- The Guide to Careers To Combat HIV and Aids at Learn How to Become -This guide takes a comprehensive look at HIV, including prevention, testing and ways to stay healthy after contracting the disease. It also examines how HIV and AIDS impact families and communities, and how health professionals and those in non-health-related fields can make a lasting difference. See how you can play a key part in preventing HIV and AIDS as well as helping those already affected.
- Learn Psychology - Explore degree programs, career paths, expert resources, and organizations across
the country that actively hire today's students of the psyche. Some direct links
of interest include: Student Guide to Surviving Stress and Anxiety in College and Beyond, Financial Aid for Scholarships for Psychology Students, Making a Difference Studying Psychology, and Getting Certified in Psychology Guide.
- MastersDegree.net - A website with comprehensive guides covering everything you need to know about earning your masters degree successfully. Information includes: Hispanic Women’s Guide to Getting Scholarships for Graduate School, Guide for Students with Disabilities Who Want to Get A College of Graduate Degree, and Veterans And Military Members’ Guide To Getting Scholarships For Higher Education.
Masters In Data Science.org's link to "Women in Data Science" - A discussion between four data scientists on opportunities for women interested in tech careers.
Masters In Data Science.org's link to "The Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids" - A guide for kids organized by age and interest, which includes a section dedicated to resources and activities for girls.
- MatchCollege.com- A website with comprehensive resources for students entering college. Information on a complete guide to the college admissions process, how to reduce the cost of college, creating a budget for college, a complete nursing career guide, how to successfully transition to college, how to manage stress in college, and other information is included on the site.
Medical Malpractice Center - The Medical Malpractice Center is a group of professionals dedicated to providing vital information, tips, and resources to individuals and family members affected by medical negligence.
- Menopause Information and Resources - Healthline: Connect to Better Health provides a comprehensive overview of menopause as a critical starting point for individuals
and/or their families.
- Mesothelioma + Asbestos Awareness Center - Empower yourself with education, expertise, and understanding to fight Mesothelioma.
The website offers a carry with you guide detailing mesothelioma, treatment, and legal rights for you, your family and friends
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance - The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is dedicated to serving mesothelioma victims and
- Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com - Vital information and resources for patients and families affected by mesothelioma
and other asbestos-related illnesses. The Mesothelioma Group / A Mesothelioma Support Community - The Mesothelioma Group provides well-researched
and accurate information about mesothelioma and its treatment. Their resource section
provides valuable information about specialists who treat mesothelioma and where to
find available support groups.
- To read more about survivors of mesothelioma cancer and, more importantly, how to
enhance your chances of being a survivor, click to visit the Mesothelioma Survivors link.
- Mesothelioma Guide - A website providing a comprehensive guide that includes up-to-date information
about living with mesothelioma, top doctors, and treatment options.
- MesotheliomaHelp.org - The goal of MesotheliomaHelp.org is to provide information to families battling mesothelioma to empower them to participate
in making the decisions about their care, and to offer some measure of hope and support.
- Mesothelioma Help Now - A web site dedicated to providing the most useful and relevant information about
mesothelioma and to help patients and families find the support needed to better manage
things during the difficult times.
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Center - A web site dedicated to helping mesothelioma-diagnosed individuals find the best
mesothelioma lawyer or law firm. Choosing a mesothelioma attorney is not a task that
should be done in haste.
- Mesothelioma.Net - A web site dedicated to helping individuals discover the latest treatments options,
learn how to improve your prognosis, and obtaining financial aid for medical expenses.
- Mesothelioma Prognosis Network.com - The goal of Mesothelioma Prognosis Network.com is to provide information that enhances your outcome by learning about the treatment
options best suited for your symptoms and cancer stage, as well as finding the right
specialist to treat the asbestos-related disease.
- Mesothelioma Treatment Center - A non-profit organization that has compiled a website absolutely full of information
on asbestos, mesothelioma cancer, treatment options and much more.
- What is asbestos? - A web link on the Mesothelioma Treatment Center's site about information related
- Mesothelioma treatment options - A web link on the Mesothelioma Treatment Center's site related to information on
- Mesothelioma Cancer - A web link on the Mesothelioma Treatment Center's site about mesothelioma cancer.
- Mesothelioma Education & Awareness - All students and faculty are welcome to participate. Students can earn money for scholarships and faculty could earn the money for their specific program. Learn about asbestos and Mesothelioma cancer while curating unique essays to help spread mesothelioma awareness around the world.
- What is asbestos? - A web link on the Mesothelioma Treatment Center's site about information related to asbestos.
Mesothelioma Veterans Center - A web site to aid veterans in learning more about benefits options with VA-accredited claims agents, all free of charge.
- MoneyGeek.com - Regardless of what field of study you want to pursue, if you are a woman seeking for
ways to fund your education, you will probably find plenty of choices when choosing
scholarships. MoneyGeek.com will aid women in finding information to sort through
options with a comprehensive list of scholarships and grants for women and tips on
how to apply and where to get started.
- MoneySavingPro.com's 100 Scholarships for College Students - Money Saving Pro.com's data scientists have spent the last 9 months analyzing sets
of information to produce pages that are exceptionally useful to potential consumers
- providing a number of different unbiased reviews on some of the best college scholarships
companies on the markets.
- National Organization for Women
- Nursing.org - The mission at Nursing.org is to provide individuals with informative and accurate
information to help guide them in their educational and career decisions. This link
offers insight into 13 nursing specialties.
- Accelerated Nursing Programs - Web link to Nursing.org's accelerated nursing programs that is delivered primarily online and offers students the opportunity to earn their BSN or MSN much faster than in a traditional campus program.
- Nursing Home Abuse Center - Nursing Home Abuse Center (NHAC) is a free online resource with information about
senior and elder dangers and safety options. The site was founded on time-honored
principles of restoring dignity for some of our most vulnerable and valuable citizens.
- On the Wagon.org was founded by victims of drug and alcohol abuse with the objective of creating the
most comprehensive and authoritative resource for parents, children, friends, and
society as a whole on drug abuse and mental health related issues, with the end goal
to get them back “on the wagon.” Here is the link to the site's infographic on flakka druge awareness.
- OnlineEducation.com - Web link to "Women Breaking Barriers" article featuring interviews with successful professionals in STEM, venture capital,
and other industries, who offer advice and share experiences.
- Online Schools.org - A website with resources for "understanding bullying and cyberbullying."
- Project Know - Web link to the ProjectKnow.com information on "Cyberbullying: A Rising Problem Among Kids and Teens."
- QuitDay - A web site that aids people in the fight to quit smoking.
- Quit Smoking Community - The biggest online community and learning hub for smokers in search of inspiration
- Recall Center.com - Recall Center provides you with comprehensive health resources. Find out about
dangerous medical conditions and potential side effects related to prescription drugs,
medical devices and products. Visit the News page and the Resources page for comprehensive drug and device recall information.
- Registered Nursing.org - A website dedicated to enabling nurses and future nurses in their path towards
a long and rewarding career by providing free support resources.
- Reviews.com - A website dedicated to conducting data driven and unbiased research about topics
that can help make an impact in people's lives in the area of education. Contains
a free collection of guides and tools that include:
- RN to BSN Online - A comprehensive 2016 Guide to Nursing Education through the lens of present day
student lifestyle trends and evolving learning environments. The site provides information
on clinical requirements, how online programs can be advantageous, how online RN programs
are accredited, and more. You will be able to understand all that is required to
get an RN to BSN degree, and its value to your future. You can then use our directory
to choose the online program that best fits your needs.
- RX Dangers - A web site dedicated to educating the public about thousands of prescription and
over-the-counter medications, many of which have the potential to cause serious side
effects. The easy to navigate online database is constantly being updated with drug
recall news, and provides comprehensive, unbiased information about serious side effects,
complications, and interactions of commonly prescribed drugs.
- The Simple Dollar - In 2006 this web site began as a site for people who are fighting debt and bad
spending habits, while trying to build a financially secure future and still afford
a few luxuries in life. Here are the links to the financial literacy guides for:
- Single Mothers Grants.org - A directory of grants for single mothers. Resources include financial assistance
programs that help single mothers with rent, utility bills, child care, education,
medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others.
- STEM Opportunities for Women and Minorities by OnlineColleges.net - A comprehensive web resource for women and minorities that
include scholarships dedicated specifically to those groups. Also covers the economic
outlooks for STEM fields and why diversity is important for those areas of study.
- Teach Tomorrow - A website with information on schools with teaching programs, teaching degrees,
and information on paying for school, classroom technology, and continuing education
opportunities. Some direct links of interest include: Education Technology Tools for Teachers and Scholarships for Education Students.
- Tobacco-Free Life's 'Guide to Quit Smoking' - This quit smoking guide will help you understand your smoking habit and offer advice
on the most effective smoking cessation methods and products to maximize the likelihood
of successful quitting. This guide was created with the help of tobacco control professionals,
smoking cessation experts, and with feedback from ex-smokers.
- TOP Nursing.org's LPN programs in Tennessee - Top nursing programs in Tennesse with information on the various certifications
and salary information in the field of Nursing.
- WWWomen - The Premier Search Directory for Women Online!
Women's Health Hot Line - A newsletter providing the media with information on women's health.
Women's Health Interactive - An interactive learning environment that facilitates the exchange of information among all participants; promotes learning; and motivates individual proactive response.
Women's Studies - A minor is offered in Women's Studies at East Tennessee State University.