Welcome! Whether you are a student or an instructor, you will find information, resources, and links in this site about a variety of topics related to the practice of college and professional writing.
The Department of Literature and Language offers several courses devoted to the study of academic writing and research:
- ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020. ETSU requires that students take ENGL 1010 during the first eligible semester they are enrolled.
- ENGL 1010L: A learning support version of ENGL 1010.
- ENGL 1018 and ENGL 1028: Honors composition courses.
- ENGL 1006/1007 and ENGL 1008/1009: English as a second language composition courses.
For students who would like to continue their study of academic and professional writing beyond the freshman level:
- ENGL 3130: Advanced Composition.
- ENGL 3132: Digital Literary Research and Writing
- ENGL 3134: Computers, Writing, and Literature
- ENGL 4100: Writing for Professions
Thank you for visiting Composition@ETSU. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this website, please use the contact information listed in the bottom left corner of this page.
What is the value of a college education? Is it just to get a good job, or can it be something more?
"No one more sincerely wishes the spread of information among mankind than I do, and none has greater confidence in its effect towards supporting free & good government." --Thomas Jefferson