MPA is an interdisciplinary program which has two broad objectives
- to develop the managerial and technical skills to necessary for the effective administration of urban and social services, and
- to develop a professional understanding of the values and social conflicts inherent in creating and administering public policy.
Our program provides a basic preparation in the skills and concepts that are necessary to deal with the challenges and issues relevant to urban public policy and public service management careers.
What our graduates have chosen in the past:
- Over 90 percent of our MPA alumni are currently employed in some aspect of public administration.
- Over two-thirds of those positions are in urban administration.
- Approximately a third of the alumni are city managers or municipal administrators.
- Others hold positions as planners, financial and personnel officers, federal and state civil servants, lead non-profit organizations, or work in the private sector.