The Department of Environmental Health Scholarship Committee shall consider the following criteria in awarding the scholarships.
- Be a declared Environmental Health major;
- Have a recognized financial need;
- Have a minimum 2.7 GPA on all previous high school or college work;
- Be a resident of Carter, Washington, Blount, or Sevier counties in Tennessee;
- First preference will go to children of employees of the state of Tennessee. Therefore, all candidates meeting all other criteria shall be considered.
Applications should be submitted to the Department of Environmental Health Scholarship Committee by 15 February of each year.
Scholarships shall be awarded by the Department of Environmental Health Scholarship Committee. That committee shall decide the number of scholarships and the value of each, depending on the funds available. If an award is not made, the funds shall be returned to the endowment.