ETSU Elevates Application
ETSU Elevates is an exciting new opportunity open to anyone willing to form a team and work together to create a healthy, thriving region with opportunities for all. ETSU is awarding $90,000 to support service projects aimed at improving the lives of the people of the Appalachian Highlands.
Anyone may apply for an ETSU Elevates service grant as long as they form a team with at least one member of the ETSU community (faculty, staff, students, organizations, departments, colleges) and surrounding community (individuals, non-profits, faith-based organizations, schools, civic groups etc.).
All applicants have an equal shot at an opportunity to pitch their service project ideas in front of a live audience. The audience will vote and choose who gets to elevate their project and our region. ETSU will host five ETSU Elevates pitch competitions through April 2020. Before each event, five ETSU Elevates applications will be randomly drawn, and applicants selected will pitch their ideas to a live audience.
Each winning team will receive $5,000 toward their service project and must use social media and/or other storytelling methods to demonstrate how their idea “comes to life.” ETSU Elevates is not only going to transform our region, it will help us learn more about each other.
How will ETSU Elevate Your Idea?
To support ETSU’s vision of developing a world-class environment to enhance student success and improve the quality of life in the region and beyond. Specifically, ETSU Elevates service grants will be used to implement a service project or enhance an existing service project. Applicants are required to establish partnerships consisting of members from the ETSU community and surrounding community.
Teams submitting an ETSU Elevates service grant proposal must include any combination of faculty, staff, and/or student members from any ETSU campus location. Teams must also be sponsored by at least one of the following groups: (Note: Groups can sponsor more than one team)
- An officially recognized ETSU student organization (https://etsu.campuslabs.com/engage/organizations)
- An ETSU faculty or staff organization
- An ETSU college, department, or unit
A total of $90,000 will be awarded during the 2019-20 Academic Year. This will consist of 15 ETSU Elevates service grants of $5,000 each. Additionally, two (2) of the 15 recipients will each be awarded a $7,500 grand-prize.
To be eligible for the grand-prize, winners must complete a project close out report within 6 months of receiving funds. Five groups will be randomly drawn to pitch their expanded service projects at the grand prize competition on October 10, 2020. The top two teams chosen by the live audience will receive $7,500.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The application and selection process is as follows:
How will your team elevate our region?
- Applications due by 10 p.m. on application deadline dates.
- A committee consisting of staff, students, and faculty representatives will review applications to verify eligibility.
- Eligible applications will be entered into a random drawing to take place one-week prior to each pitch competition.
- A total of five (5) applications will be randomly selected to participate in each
pitch competition. This random drawing will occur via Facebook Live on ETSU’s main account.
* If an applicant is not randomly selected that applicant remains in the running for all future competitions.
- Pitch competitions will be held at various locations. Teams will choose up to four (4) presenters who will have seven (7) minutes to pitch their service project ideas, followed by a three (3) minute question and answer session with the audience.
- From the five (5) pitches, three (3) winners will be selected by votes cast by audience
members (not online viewers). The winning three (3) applicants will be announced at
the conclusion of each pitch competition.
* The two (2) pitches not selected will return to the eligible applicant pool and may be selected again through the random drawing process.
|Application Deadline||Drawing Date||Pitch Competition|
|November 10, 2019||November 12, 2019||November 18, 2019|
|January 10, 2020||January 23, 2020||January 30, 2020|
|February 10, 2020||February 13, 2020||February 20, 2020|
|March 10, 2020||March 24, 2020||March 31, 2020|
|April 10, 2020||April 16, 2020||April 23, 2020|