In conjunction with the provisions of TBR Policy Nos. 4:01:02:30 and 4:02:09:00 each University and two-year institution shall have a campus facility master plan which should address building development for the institution's mission and enrollment growth, land acquisition and disposal, vehicular and pedestrian circulation, parking facilities, outdoor physical education, recreation and athletic facilities (where applicable), utilities and landscaping.
Campus facility master plans should be internally reviewed by campus staff at least every two years. If an update of the existing master plan is deemed necessary by the President, the campus should document the need and initiate a request to retain a professional consultant through the Board office.
New master plans and updates shall be prepared by professional consultants appointed by the State Building Commission. They shall be approved by the Board of Regents, submitted to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission for review and comment and approved by the State Building Commission.
New building construction or additional projects should be addressed in the master plan prior to the submission for funding to the Board of Regents. The costs of obtaining consultant services for campus facility master plans should be funded from institutional sources.
Please note that while this site is under construction, not all documents will be available online. Physical copies of these documents can be obtained at the Facilities Management office.
Source: TBR Presidents Meeting November 13, 1990. GUIDELINE B-022
Main & VA Campus Master Plans
- Campus Master Plan Update - November 2014
- Campus Master Plan Update - April 2010
- Campus Master Plan Update - April 2003
Space Use Master Plans
- Academic Space Master Plan: Calculated Space Needs Reports - January 2010
- Academic Space Master Plan: Results and Summary Findings - January 2010
Other Facilities Related Master Plans
- ETSU Parking & Access Study - February 2008
- Quillen College of Medicine Parking Study - January 2007
- Athletics & Physical Education Master Plan - May 2004
- Comprehensive Plan for Housing and Residence Life - 2002
Sustainability Related Master Plans