New to ETSU Students
Welcome to the Help Desk
The ITS Help Desk can aid students with a myriad of technology-related needs. For all students, we provide technical support for your personal computers (desktops, laptops, & netbooks) with issues related to:
- wi-fi/network setup
- D2L (ETSU's learning management system)
- email access
- ETSU account management (activation, password resets, etc.)
- virus scan and removal
If you live in on-campus housing, you may also contact us regarding issues with your:
- cable television
- In-room networking
- In-room telephones
The ITS Help Desk is not able to assist with hardware based problems beyond providing simple diagnostics. We are not able to open your desktop or laptop, even with your permission, to repair, replace, or install hardware.
Also, it is not possible for us to be familiar with every piece of hardware and software on the market. Therefore when it comes to mobile operating systems we can only offer assistance in configuring wireless network settings.
Getting Tech Support
We offer several avenues to contact us:
- In-person support: We have locations on the first floor of the D.P. Culp Center adjacent to the computer lab, and on the first floor of Sherrod Library in room 105 (next to the computers and printers).
- Campus phones — dial 94648 and press 1 (one)
- Mobile and off-campus phones — dial 423-439-4648 and press 1 (one).
- Email: email@example.com
- Online form: go to our contact us page to fill out a quick support request form
You will be issued a ticket (a kind of digital ID) for any incidents you report, and we will have a technician look into the problem at the first possible opportunity.
How-To Articles for New Students