Big Train Show
June 4-5, 2021
2021 Big Train Show canceled due to upcoming renovations to the Event Space.
- Scheduled for the last Saturday of each month these special events commemorate a particular railroad, area railroads, special railroad types, or those of a particular region of the United States with museum displays and operating model trains representing the heritage theme.
- Annual calendar of these events is prepared and posted in January
May 2021 Heritage Day
- May 29, 2021 (10:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Horsepower 2021: A Celebration of Modern Power
Tweestie Time Celebration
June 4-6, 2021
Register Here (Deadline is May 31, 2021 11:59pm EDT)
- Operating Sessions
- Train Rides
- Guided Tours/Hiking
- Modeling Workshops
For additional information contact Dr. Fred Alsop via email at email@example.com, or by mobile phone 615-604-8759.
Bookings are not available at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Families can schedule birthday parties for their children, friends and family
- Party packages include:
- 1 hour reserved play time in the museum’s Little Engineers Room
- 1-2 hours in a decorated party room (building on campus, but not in the museum)
- Party railroad-themed toys/hats/neckerchiefs available at extra cost
- Spring and Fall rail excursions are scheduled to area railroads as day trips for the public
- Excursion packages include:
- Roundtrip bus ride from ETSU on modern, restroom-equipped motor coaches
- Ride on trains pulled by steam and/or diesel locomotives in scenic areas
- Other highlights such as museum tickets, meals, boat rides, etc. as included in the
excursion to a particular railroad.
- Special tours of the museum can be arranged by contacting the director for groups
who cannot visit the museum during its regularly scheduled hours of operation.
- The museum’s Cope Memorial Traveling layout is often used to represent the railroad museum and its affiliated organizations at public events such as Johnson City’s Blue Plum Festival and Jonesborough Days.