- Degree Works
- Who We Are
- Banner Tutorials
- Contact Us
Congratulations May 2018 graduates!
We look forward to celebrating with you on
Saturday, May 5, 2018!
Safety is a top priority at these events.
Students and guests are encouraged to arrive early to accommodate the additional security measures, which include metal detectors and bag searches. Any unsearchable bag, container or package will not be allowed into the facility.
Graduates will be allowed to carry personal items such as cell phone, car keys and wallets on the floor level of the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center (Mini-Dome) as long as they are secured under regalia. Name cards are the only items that should be held in hand by graduates while on the floor. Students are encouraged to leave personal items in their vehicles or in designated coat rooms. Exceptions will be made for medical reasons.
Prohibited items in the Dome include but are not limited to alcohol products, illegal drugs, firearms or any weapons. Animals are not allowed with the exception of trained service animals.
Graduates and visitors are encouraged to only bring essential items to the ceremony in order to expedite the security process.
For more information, call Andrew Worley at 423-439-6114.
Ceremony times are assigned by college. Find your college and analyst by clicking here or checking your Degree Works audit.
The graduation ceremony for May 2018 graduates will take place Saturday, May 5, 2018 in the Mountain States Health Alliance Athletic Center (Minidome), at the following times:
Arts & Sciences
Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences
Global Sport Leadership (Graduate)
Business & Technology
Biomedical Sciences (Graduate)
School of Continuing Studies & Academic Outreach
Graduation Ceremony Tips
Graduation Rehearsal for May 2018 graduates will take place Friday,May 4, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Students will attend the rehearsal that begins at the same time as their ceremony. Rehearsal will be held in the Mountain States Health Alliance Athletic Center (Minidome). Final instructions will be given at this time.
Attendance at the Graduation Ceremony
Each graduation ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. While participation is not mandatory, we encourage students to attend, so we can celebrate graduation together.
Please note graduates will not be allowed any carried personal items other than a name card on the floor level of the Mini-Dome. Graduates are encouraged to leave personal items in their vehicles or utilize the coat rooms. Security and other staff will be available to assist students in finding appropriate storage for personal items. Exceptions may be granted for medical reasons. Cell phones should be secured in pockets.
View the Graduation Ceremony Live
Stream the Graduation Ceremony LIVE (link will be posted here prior to the ceremony)
Graduation Parking Map
Graduation Parking Tips
The following is some information and tips to help you and your guests find convenient parking on campus.
- Please note that there are two graduation ceremonies occurring at 10 AM and at 2 PM. With the first ceremony lasting nearly two hours it is probable that many parking spots will be occupied as those arrive for the second ceremony. Please keep this in mind and plan accordingly for time.
- Parking will be permitted on both the East and West sides of Memorial Center. The parking garage will be open. Access to the west end of campus and the parking garage will be from the west side only. Enter from State of Franklin Road via Jack Vest Drive only. View Parking Map
- All ETSU parking lots will be open and available for parking. No permits required. Fire lane, handicap, service vehicle and no parking areas will be enforced.
- Parking for disabled guests is available at any appropriately marked space. Entrance for disability seating is located on the west side of the Mountain States Health Alliance Athletic Center (Minidome) near the parking garage. (View numbers 2 and 3 on the Parking Map) Details will be available at graduation rehearsal.
- Note: The elevator in the parking garage that opens into the Marketplace may not be open on Graduation Day. Signs will be placed to direct guests to alternative elevators and exit routes.
- We request that all guests attending Graduation Ceremonies park on ETSU's campus. View Parking Map
- Police, parking attendants, and security personnel will be available to direct traffic and help find parking.