Welcome to Quillen College of Medicine's Office of Student Affairs. The office manages admissions, records, financial aid and student services while supporting students with a multi-faceted, service-oriented staff.
The primary mission of the Quillen College of Medicine is to educate future physicians, especially those with an interest in primary care, to practice in underserved rural communities. In addition, the college is committed to excellence in biomedical research and is dedicated to the improvement of health care in Northeast Tennessee and the surrounding Appalachian region.
The office aims to catalyze the growth of medical students through student-centered approaches, such as comprehensive academic and career advisement, cutting-edge leadership and professional development programming while focusing on student wellness to support healthy relationships and transitions throughout medical school.
- Education: Continue to strengthen the "student-centered learning environment" that focuses on the overall professional development of students and residents.
- Research: Continue to strengthen research productivity, especially clinical research.
- Clinical and community service: Firmly integrate our academic values into the planning and implementation of clinical activities as we focus on meeting the needs of our patients and the communities we serve.
- Faculty and staff development: Further strengthen the college's commitment to the success of our faculty and staff by investing in their professional development.
- Diversity: Strengthen our recruitment and retention of a diverse complement of faculty, staff and students so as to enrich our cultural environment, to strengthen our cultural competence and to improve the care of our patients.