Developing and promoting a culture of compliance
The Office of University Compliance seeks to support and enhance East Tennessee State University’s vision, mission, and values by providing independent and objective measures to address the University’s legal, regulatory, and ethical responsibilities. The office provides program oversight for Title IX of the Education Amendments, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act. The office collaborates with campus partners to provide policy development, education, enforcement, and remediation to the University community.
The Office of University Compliance seeks to develop and promote a culture of compliance to support ETSU’s mission of delivering education in a world class environment.
Supporting ETSU's core values:
- PEOPLE come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full potential
- RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity, and trust
- DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected
- EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
- EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
- COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Compliance Reports & Plans
- Title VI Report 2017-2018
- 2018-2019 Affirmative Action Plan
- Annual Security Report 2018
- University Strategic Plan 2016-2026
- Sexual Assault Prevent for Undergraduates (Snapshot Report)
- Suicide Prevention Plan 2019/2010