Focus Area Training
All ETSU employees and students benefit from civil rights education.
ETSU remains committed to a non-discriminatory living, learning, and working environment for the entire campus community. All ETSU employees and students benefit from civil rights education. University Compliance and campus partners work together to ensure the ETSU community has access to in person and online training opportunities. ETSU requires all employees to complete online discrimination and harassment training within 45 days of employment and annually thereafter.
In addition to the required trainings, University Compliance offers tailored in person trainings and workshops:
- to departments
- offices or divisions
- to student organizations and clubs
- academic units
- specialized units such as athletics and medical students
We can present your group with information on a variety of topics related to discrimination and harassment:
- Sexual assault
- Bystander intervention
- Healthy Relationships
- Service Animals v. Support Animals
- Campus Security Authorities v. Responsible Employees
- Implicit Bias
- Requests for Accomodations under the ADA and FHA
- Alcohol’s Role in Sexual Assault
- Safety in Residence Halls
- ETSU Policy & Procedures
Contact University Compliance to arrange your personalized training session or check ETSU’s University Event Calendar for open events.