Living and Learning
Pre-health Living-Learning Community (PHLLC)
- Move to campus early for PHLLC orientation and training
- Attend ETSU Preview weekend
- Live in Lucille Clement Hall with a PHLLC roomate for at least your first 2 years
- Take designated courses as a group
- Attend regular meeting, participate in community service. and attend professional developement throughout academic year
- Maintain a minimun 3.3 GPA
Why Join PHLLC?
The PHLLC is a community for our strongest, most committed students pursuing healthcare careers in medicine, nursing, physical therapy, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, dental hygiene, or any other health profession program offered at ETSU.
The PHLLC allows students to grow by encouraging personal and intellectual development through social gatherings, study groups, tutoring sessions, group enrollment i n selected health discipline prerequisite courses, and residential life with like-minded individuals. The PHLLC also offers special volunteer opportunities and other experiences that help students cultivate a set of cultural competencies needed to work within the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Who is eligable?
First-time freshman meeting the criteria (listed below) and enrolled in one of the following health professions programs:
Pre-Allopathic Medicine, Pre-Audiology, Pre-Chiropractic Medicine, Pre-Nutrition, Pre-Dental Hygiene, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Oste opathic Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Podiatry, Public Health, Pre-Radiologic Science, Pre-Cardiopulmonary Science, Pre-Speech-Language Pathology and Pre-Veterinary Medicine.
What are the criteria and requirements?
• First time freshman status interested in pre-health programs of study
• ACT score of 22 or SAT score of 1020 (Critical Reading + Math sections) or higher
• High School GPA of 3.2 or higher, if applicable
• Exemption from university learning support requirements
Students applying to PHLCC must also submit an ETSU Housing Application. Once accepted, PHLLC students will pay a $100 PHLLC Fee and must also register for ETSU Preview.
How will I know if I have been accepted?
Students are encouraged to apply to the PHLLC early, as applicants are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. After your application is received, you will be contacted for a brief interview if you meet eligibility requirements.
Students who have been accepted to the PHLLC will receive an official acceptance form from the Office of Medical Professions Advisement (MPA). To formally accept admission into the PHLLC, pay the program fee and return the acceptance form to the MPA Office. Once the program fee has been paid, you will receive additional information regarding move-in day activities and room assignment information.
Follow up with the PHLLC Program Coordinator at PHLLC@etsu.edu with any questions.
Applications for PHLCC are now open! Click below to apply