Making the right impression and communicating your skill set is essential to taking the next step in your career journey.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Research the school and area of interest
- Review common interview questions
- Be specific when talking about your qualifications
- Clarify your selling points and the reasons you qualify
- Give examples that compliment your strengths, skills, or desired goals
- Anticipate the interviewer’s concerns and reservations
- Be confident and ask questions
- Practice is key. Do mock interviews to prepare. Being prepared will help reduce anxiety and nervousness.
- Dress in an appropriate manner. Look professional.
- Leave cell phones or any other distractions in your car
- Be courteous, sit when you are offered seating and speak with the right body language
- Take a moment to think about your answers and answer intelligently
- Mention a particular accomplishment or activity that fits the profession
- Restate any strengths and experiences that you might not have emphasized in your resume
- Bring your sense of humor and smile
FOR MORE HELP
Career & Internship Services at ETSU has the capability to further prepare students for Professional Interviews through multiple resources, such as practicing interviews on-site at ETSU, interview question preparation and strategies, resume formulation and critique, professional dress and attire tips, and any other questions you need answered.