Making the right impression and communicating your skill set is essential to taking the next step in your career journey.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Research the school and area of interest
- Review common interview questions
- Be specific when talking about your qualifications
- Clarify your selling points and the reasons you qualify
- Give examples that compliment your strengths, skills, or desired goals
- Anticipate the interviewer’s concerns and reservations
- Be confident and ask questions
- Practice is key. Do mock interviews to prepare. Being prepared will help reduce anxiety and nervousness.
- Dress in an appropriate manner. Look professional.
- Leave cell phones or any other distractions in your car
- Be courteous, sit when you are offered seating and speak with the right body language
- Take a moment to think about your answers and answer intelligently
- Mention a particular accomplishment or activity that fits the profession
- Restate any strengths and experiences that you might not have emphasized in your resume
- Bring your sense of humor and smile
Bucky's Career Closet in the D. P. Culp Student Center
ETSU Students in need of professional interview clothing can come to the closet and get one complete, interview-ready outfit. ETSU takes great pride in preparing our students academically. Bucky's Career Closet represents an additional step to ensure that all students have an opportunity to translate their preparation to success in the workplace.
Bucky's Career Closet is available by appointment. Please contact us using email@example.com or call our office at 423-439-4450
FOR MORE HELP
ETSU's University Career Services has the capability to further prepare students for Professional Interviews through multiple resources, such as practicing interviews on-site at ETSU, interview question preparation and strategies, curriculum vitae formulation and critique, professional dress and attire tips, and any other questions you need answered.