Margaret Anne Byrd Huffman Grant
Margaret Anne Byrd Huffman Archives of Appalachia Endowment Grant
The Margaret Anne Byrd Huffman Archives of Appalachia Endowment Grant is an annual grant awarded by the Center for Appalachian Studies and Services and the Archives of Appalachia at East Tennessee State University.
Grant funds are used to support ETSU faculty or student projects that utilize materials from the Archives of Appalachia and contribute to a better understanding of the Appalachian region.
The 2019 grant recipients have been announced, but check this page in early 2020 for information on how to apply for the next grant cycle.
ELIGIBILITY FOR GRANTS
1. The applicant must either be a current faculty member or full-time student enrolled at ETSU. Student applicants must meet all requirements for regular admission to ETSU and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
2. Selected recipients may continue to apply for future grants providing they continue to meet the criteria.
The Huffman Grant Committee will consider the following criteria in awarding grants:
1. The project must utilize materials from the Archives of Appalachia.
2. The project must contribute to a better understanding of the Appalachian region.
3. Preference will be given to projects that facilitate digital access to the Archives’ collections.
4. Documented financial need to complete a project may be considered in the selection of the recipient.
1. Any research paper, project, or publication that is funded in whole or in part by the Huffman Grant must include an acknowledgement of that fact.
2. Grant funds must be spent by May 1, 2020.
3. Recipients must submit a final report to the Director of the Archives of Appalachia by June 1, 2020.
4. In coordination with the Archives of Appalachia, recipients will give a public presentation related to the grant-funded project.
5. A copy of any publication that is funded in whole or in part by the Huffman Grant must be deposited with the Archives of Appalachia.
Dr. Jeremy A. Smith
Director of the Archives of Appalachia