The primary goal of the Mary B. Martin School of the Arts is to provide a focal point for the arts at ETSU that will create a new level of awareness of the visual and performing arts among faculty, staff, students and the general public, and to bring to the region a program of public performances and exhibitions that will bring greater distinction to both the University and the region.
- To highlight the vibrancy of the visual and performing arts on the ETSU campus and the opportunities provided to the University community and the general public who live in the region.
- To create an annual public performance and exhibition series that will bring greater distinction to both the University and the region.
- To create stronger marketing tools and a comprehensive ETSU arts calendar.
- To seek additional funding sources through grants, ticket sales, sponsorships, and donations.
- To facilitate partnerships among ETSU academic departments and programs with the arts community and arts organizations throughout the Tri-Cities and surrounding region.
- To provide advocacy for the arts in the University community and in the surrounding region.
- To develop stronger relationships with arts alumni and other supporters of the arts.