Center Vision and Mission
The Vision of the Center of Excellence in STEM Education at ETSU is to achieve excellence in STEM education at all levels, PK - 16.
The vision of the Center is achieved by:
- Students actively participating in learning STEM fields;
- Teachers highly grounded in STEM knowledge and capable of guiding students' investigations;
- Education leaders and administrators providing the support mechanism and appropriate opportunities for all students to learn STEM fields;
- Parents, the public at large, business and industry, and legislators who support STEM education;
- Partnerships driven projects providing quality STEM training for all students, PK – 16; and
- University programs recruiting, training, and retaining qualified STEM teachers and building a strong undergraduate STEM curriculum for all students.
The Mission of the Center:
The ETSU Center of Excellence in STEM Education supports the advancement of STEM education, PK - 16, through direct services, technical assistance, partnerships, research, leadership institutes and workshops, and as an information conduit providing standards-based resources to schools, districts, teachers, and community members.