Vision, Mission of the Center
Center Vision and Mission
The Vision of the Center of Excellence in STEM Education at ETSU is to achieve excellence in STEM education at all levels, PK - 16.
The vision of the Center is achieved by:
- Students actively participating in learning STEM fields;
- Teachers highly grounded in STEM knowledge and capable of guiding students' investigations;
- Education leaders and administrators providing the support mechanism and appropriate opportunities for all students to learn STEM fields;
- Parents, the public at large, business and industry, and legislators who support STEM education;
- Partnerships driven projects providing quality STEM training for all students, PK – 16; and
- University programs recruiting, training, and retaining qualified STEM teachers and building a strong undergraduate STEM curriculum for all students.
The Mission of the Center:
The ETSU Center of Excellence in STEM Education supports the advancement of STEM education, PK - 16, through direct services, technical assistance, partnerships, research, leadership institutes / workshops, and as an information conduit providing standards-based resources to schools, districts, teachers, and community members.