Theatre and Dance
Come check out our new performance space in the Bach Theatre!
Box Office Information for the 2022 - 2023 Season
The East Tennessee State University Department of Theatre and Dance offers comprehensive training within a liberal-arts setting. We believe an investment in the well-being of the whole student is how we best assist our graduates to achieve career goals. At the core of our mission is teaching students the values of decency, respectability, life-long learning, and development as collaborative artists. Through hard work, our students acquire both general and specialized competencies in their chosen concentrations while they benefit from experiential learning in all aspects of creating theatre. In addition to becoming performers, designers, and/or technicians, our students are also problem-solvers, leaders, and team builders who understand the merits of relevant and ever-evolving skillsets.
The ETSU Department of Theatre and Dance strives to offer the highest caliber training to students across the region. Our NAST accredited program will be known for:
- Focusing on both student and faculty development with an eye toward staying current with technologies and methodologies,
- Building a safe and encouraging learning and working environment for all,
- Exhibiting an elevated standard of professionalism and ethical conduct,
- Working as a unified team--collaboratively teaching, learning, growing, and serving the university, the region, and the profession,
- Creating art that is challenging, enriching, expansive, and relevant.