CBAT Leadership Academy
The CBAT Leadership Academy is a unique leadership opportunity in the College of Business and Technology that enhances the professional development of selected CBAT undergraduate students across the college through educational experiences focused on personal introspection, understanding others, triple bottom line success, leading and coaching, building financial acumen, delivering project results and providing service leadership opportunities. The CBAT Leadership Academy brings together a diverse cohort of students from across the College, engaged faculty and external sponsors to provide a learning opportunity that is unique to ETSU and foundational in developing future leaders for our region and world. Graduates of the CBAT Leadership Academy would be uniquely recognized and rewarded for being the student face of CBAT during their senior year within both the University and community.
Accepting Applications until September 6, 2021
What does it mean to be a CBAT Ambassador?
Graduating from ETSU and the College of Business and Technology is an important moment in your educational and life journey. It is the beginning of a lifetime of learning and service that can forever change you, your family, your community and our world.
Being a graduate of the CBAT Leadership Academy and being honored as a CBAT Ambassador is a special and unique recognition for the “best of the best” student leaders within the College.
Each Fall Semester, CBAT seniors are given the opportunity to apply for admission to the CBAT Leadership Academy. Selection to the Leadership Academy is based on academic success and proven leadership ability both in and outside the classroom. Selected students receive an invitation to Leadership Academy and the opportunity to participate in a two-day learning and leadership event ending with a graduation ceremony that recognizes the students as CBAT Ambassadors. Graduates of the CBAT Leadership Academy will be uniquely recognized and rewarded for being the student face of CBAT during their senior year within the College and community.
Benefits of being an Ambassador
- Pinning with specially designed CBAT Ambassador Lapel Pin
- Unique shirts to be worn when representing CBAT during student tours, recruiting events, open houses, tailgates, career fairs and other College events
- Special Cord and acknowledgment of CBAT Ambassadors to be worn at University Commencement
- Unique and prestigious recognition for Student’s resume
- $250 scholarship award granted at the end of Senior Term
- Access to faculty mentors for advanced career and education planning
- Building networks with local business and community leaders
- “Lunch and learn” events discussing topics that advance leadership capabilities
- Unique opportunities to experience the breadth of regional multi-cultural events
- Annual reunions for CBAT Leadership Ambassadors
Applicant Requirements and Important Dates for Fall 2021
In order to be considered for the CBAT Leadership Academy, student applicants must:
- have a major withing the College of Business and Technology
- have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- be a rising senior scheduled to graduate in 2022
Important Dates for Fall 2021 CBAT Leadership Academy:
September 6: Application with all supporting documents are due
Late applications will not be considered.
September 10: Official invitation letter sent to selected students
September 17: Leadership Academy Orientation Luncheon
October 22-23: Leadership Academy Weekend
October 23: Leadership Academy Graduation
Fall 2021 Schedule of Events
CBAT Leadership Academy Orientation
Friday, September 17
- Introduction of Ambassadors
- Plans for Academy Weekend
- Preparations for Leadership Academy Weekend
- Complete Enneagram Personality Test
- Complete Strengths Finder Test
- Personal Leadership Vision
CBAT Leadership Academy Weekend
Friday and Saturday, October 22 and 23
- Friday AM – Breakfast, Welcome, Learning Module 1
- Friday Lunch – Learn, Discuss and Lead
- Friday PM – Learning Modules 2, 3 and 4
- Friday PM – Picnic and Afterglow
- Saturday AM – Breakfast and Learning Modules 5 and 6
- Saturday Lunch – Learn, Discuss and Lead
- Saturday PM – Local Service Project
- Saturday PM – Keynote Speaker and Academy Graduation