Welcome to the College of Business and Technology or CBAT, as we at ETSU often refer to our College. Our vision is to be nationally and regionally recognized as a preeminent College of Business and Technology in learning, creative activity/scholarship, and engagement. This is an ambitious vision but we are an ambitious College.
CBAT is home to very dedicated and talented faculty, staff, and students. The Departments of Accountancy, Economics and Finance, Management and Marketing, Computing, Engineering, Engineering Technology and Surveying, Digital Media and Military Science serve over 2800 undergraduate and graduate students. To all first-time visitors to our website, I encourage you to explore our academic and engagement programs and opportunities. We welcome the opportunity to serve or collaborate.
Our faculty and staff are first and foremost sincerely dedicated to the success of our students. The world class faculty within our College, while being dedicated and talented classroom teachers, are also leaders in producing relevant scholarship and creative works. I personally benefited from the teaching and scholarly excellence of our faculty. I am an alumnus twice, earning baccalaureate and masters degrees.
In addition to excellence in the classroom and lab, the faculty and staff of CBAT are also committed to producing applied research and innovations which support and promote economic development within our region of the State and beyond. In other words, we are a College which thinks globally and responds to the educational, economic and societal needs regionally.
If you are interested in learning more about our College, please don't hesitate to contact me or one of our excellent staff. I hope to see you on campus in the near future.
Dean Dennis Depew
Chairs of Excellence
- Allen and Ruth Harris Chair of Excellence in Business
- AFG Industries Chair of Excellence in Business and Technology
Centers and Bureaus
- Bureau of Business & Economic Research
- Center for Banking
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC): The TSBDC has many workshops that they are currently offering. For more information
on these workshops or any others including how to register, please visit their website.
- Banking and Finance Meet and Greet Networking Event: HomeTrust Bank will host the fall 2018 Banking and Finance Meet and Greet. The networking
event will be held on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 from 5:30-7:00pm at HomeTrust Bank (862 Med Tech Pkwy, Johnson City, TN 37604). For
more information, click here.
- CBAT@Work Networking Career Social: Please join the College of Business and Technology at the CBAT@Work Networking Career
Social to be held on Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 4-6pm at the Millennium Centre Ballroom. This is an opportunity to network with
all the companies and alumni looking to offer internships and full-time positions.
- Student Executive Briefing (Fall 2018): Please join the College of Business and Technology in welcoming speaker Neil Owens,
COO of Ntara. The sessions will be held on Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 9:45 and 11:15am in room 137B at the Millennium Centre.
- CBAT Career Fair 2019: The College of Business and Technology will hold its annual career fair on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 from 9:30am to 1:30pm in the Millennium Centre Ballroom. For more information please check the CBAT Career Services webpage.
- The College of Business and Technology is pleased to announce that our Engineering,
Engineering Technology, and Surveying department has been awarded a STEM education
grant from DENSO, one of the world's largest automotive suppliers of technology and
components. Please read the press announcement to find out more information about the grant and how the department plans to utilize
- The College of Business and Technology is pleased to announce that the Surveying program
within the Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Surveying Department has been
awarded an educational award from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering
and Surveying. A jury selected the program to receive a monetary award to assist with
their continued efforts to promote the importance and value of surveying licensure.
- Please join The College of Business and Technology in congratulating Samantha Young,
a digital media major, on be awarded the John C. Bowers Elizabethton Rotary Club Scholarship.
The John C. Bowers Elizabethton Rotary Club Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate
ETSU students who attended high school in Elizabethton or Carter County for at least
two years and hold a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- The College of Business and Technology is pleased to announce that our students have
delivered strong performances in TVA Investment Challenge Program and the CFA Institute
Research Challenge. For more information, click here.
- East Tennessee State University’s new engineering program will soon receive essential
classroom technology equipment for its joint bachelor degree with Tennessee Technological
University courtesy of a $250,000 contribution from Eastman Credit Union. More..
- College and Departmental News and Events
- Dr. Michelle Freeman was quoted in a WalletHub article about Auto-financing. You can
find the article here.
- ETSU has partnered with Tennessee Tech University to offer the TTU-ETSU Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Engineering classes started in the fall 2016 semester; the full program launch was in the fall 2017. To learn more about it, please visit the engineering website.
We hope you like the new look of the College’s website. If you want any content, news, or events posted to the website, please contact Ms. Laura Bennington, phone 439-4257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.