skip to main content columnskip to left navigation

Department of Curriculum and Instruction

Clemmer College

Secondary Education
 etsu logo

Undergraduate students seeking a secondary licensure earn their degrees in other colleges in the university but complete a minor in the Clemmer College.

Students seeking an Education Minor must fulfill the program requisites and must meet with an Advisor in the Clemmer College.

*Please see Program Requirements to view current Programs of Study for the following programs and endorsements.


Praxis Test information


Teacher Licensure Programs and Other School Service Endorsements

  • Art
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Earth Science
  • English
  • French
  • Geography
  • German
  • Government
  • Health
  • History
  • Mathematics
  • Music
  • Physics
  • School Social Work
  • Spanish
  • Speech
  • Technology-Engineering
  • Theatre

      Undergraduate and transfer students seeking initial teaching licensure must file a Declaration of Intent in the Office of Student Services (321 Warf-Pickel Hall) and must meet with an advisor in the Clemmer College Advisement Services. Students who have not filed a Declaration of Intent will not be considered for admission to any teacher education program and are not eligible to enroll in most professional education courses.  

        The following link provides the Programs of Study for the secondary licensure and school service endorsement areas available through the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. Students interested in these programs must meet with an advisor in the Clemmer College  Advisement Services. The Secondary Education program culminates with a Residency requirement.

Programs of Study

icon for left menu icon for right menu