Center Vision and Mission
The Vision of the Center of Excellence in STEM Education at ETSU is to achieve excellence in STEM education cradle to career.
The Vision of the Center is achieved by:
- Students actively participating in learning STEM fields;
- Teachers' practice grounded in current STEM knowledge and capacity to guide students' investigations;
- Education leaders and administrators providing the support mechanism and appropriate opportunities for all students to learn about STEM fields;
- Families, the public at large, business and industry, and legislators who support STEM education;
- Partnership-driven projects providing quality STEM learning experiences for all students and workforce experiences highlight strengths and opportunities in our region; and
- University programs recruiting, training, and retaining qualified STEM teachers and building a strong undergraduate and graduate STEM curriculum for all students.
The Mission of the Center:
The ETSU Center of Excellence in STEM Education supports the advancement of STEM education, Cradle to Career, through direct services, technical assistance, partnerships, research, leadership institutes and workshops, and as an information conduit providing standards-based resources to schools, districts, teachers, and community members.