Johnson City Medical Center is part of Mountain States Health Alliance - one of two major providers of health care within the 15-county Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia service area. It is accredited by The Joint Commission and the American College of Surgeons-American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. With 445 beds available, it offers full acute care facilities, including:
- level I trauma center (one of six in the state)
- children's ED
- regional tertiary referral center
- cancer center
- Wings Air Rescue
- orthopedic and neuro-surgical services
- cardiac catheterization and open heart surgery
- family childbirth center
- comprehensive rehabilitation unit
- extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
Johnson City Medical Center's services are complemented by a wide range of community resources. Our residency program enjoys excellent relationships with the hospital administration, as well as medical and nursing staff.
Niswonger Children's Hospital is a 69-bed facility and St. Jude Affiliate Clinic located within the Johnson City Medical Center campus. It is the only children's hospital in the region.