Health Data Analytics Graduate Certificate
The ETSU Health Data Analytics Graduate Certificate was developed by faculty with substantial experience working in data management and analytic roles in public health and health care systems. This multidisciplinary certificate is designed to help improve decision-making and communication skills by leveraging data to advance the health of patients and populations.
The Health Data Analytics Graduate Certificate can be completed 100% online or 100% on-campus, so you can decide what works best for your life and your learning style. The entire program can be completed in as few as nine (9) months.
In this program, you will develop a strong foundation in epidemiology and biostatistics and skills in data visualization, data management, data modeling, and methods for using data to inform decisions to improve the health of organizations and programs you care about.
The ETSU Health Data Analytics Graduate Certificate program:
- It’s available 100% online or 100% on-campus.
- Material for the program is developed and taught by faculty who have work experience in public health departments and health care systems.
- There’s no requirement for previous coding experience (such as SAS, SQL, R, or Python coding). Students without coding experience will be able to develop coding skills in the certificate program. Students with coding experience will have opportunities to sharpen and apply their coding skills.
- Students who successfully complete the certificate program will be able to transfer credits earned to any of ETSU’s Masters in Public Health (MPH) or the Masters in Health Administration MHA program.
Required Courses: 10 credits
- EPID 5100 - Analytic Methods in Public Health (4 credits)
- HSMP 5400 - Data Informed Decision-Making in Health Administration (3 credits)
- CSCI 5030 - Decision Support Systems (3 credits)
Advisor Approved Electives: 3 credits
Choose 3 credits from the following:
- BSTA 5350 - Intermediate Biostatistics (3 credits)
- BSTA 5360 - Clinical Research: Design and Analysis (3 credits)
- BSTA 5380 - SAS Programming with Statistical Application (3 credits)
- BSTA 6170 - SAS Programming with Research Applications in Public Health (3 credits)
- CSCI 5000 - Data Management (3 credits)
- CSCI 5250 - Database Design (3 credits)
- HSMP 5300 - Quality Improvement in Health Services Organizations (3 credits)
- HSMP 6310 - Population Health Management (3 credits)
Want to learn more?
If you have any questions about this program or if you would just like to talk it over a little bit, please reach out to Dr. Mike Smith at email@example.com.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates job growth to be faster than average through at least 2026 for fields such as health informatics (13% estimated job growth), data analysis (19% estimated job growth), data science (19% estimated job growth), and medical and health service management (17% estimated job growth). This means that the demand for leaders in health fields with data analytics expertise will likely continue to grow over the coming decades. This graduate certificate will help equip working and aspiring professionals in health service industries to fill these needs.
Where Do Graduates Work?
- Physician Practices
- Nursing Homes
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Public health Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Outpatient Care Centers
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Health Insurance Companies
What Do Graduates Do?
- Health Data Analytics
- Health Informatics
- Data Science
- Program Management
- Health Care Management
- Health Policy Development
- Quality Improvement