Office of Student Services
We provide a home for students in the College of Public Health to receive support, guidance and professional development.
The mission of the Office of Student Services is the development and implementation of programs and processes encompassing recruiting, academic advising, and retention to promote and facilitate an academic environment that is student centered, community focused and real-world tested. For advising, please select your major from the list.
BS Environmental Health
BS Health Sciences and BS Microbiology
BS Public Health and BS Health Administration
Master of Public Health
Doctor of Public Health
The important actions we're all taking to slow the spread of the coronavirus have made life harder for many people. If you're facing problems that affect your ability to complete the spring term successfully, we want to do everything we can to help.
- If you don’t have a place to live, contact the undergraduate student success specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the graduate student success specialist (email@example.com). They are trained to put you in touch with community resources.
- If you don’t have enough to eat, ETSU’s Bucky's Food Pantry (423-439-8487) will pack
a box for any student.
If you can't afford to pay for basic needs, ETSU is giving small grants on a case-by-case basis when no other means of aid are available. To make a request, fill out a CARE report.
- If internet access is a problem, Charter Communications is offering 60 days of free internet to students. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Comcast has a similar offer available here.
- If you need health care, the University Health Clinic is providing medical care to ETSU students. Call 423-439-4225.
- For coronavirus testing, call ETSU Health testing call 423-433-6110. For Ballad Health testing call 833-822-5523.
- If you want counseling, the ETSU Counseling Center (423-439-3333,firstname.lastname@example.org) is offering virtual and tele-counseling.
- For disability access and accommodations, contact ETSU Disability Services (423-439-8346, email@example.com).
The challenges presented by this global health crisis are unlike any faced by our community and our University. We are committed to do all we can to provide support during this difficult time. We are one Buccaneer family.
We will be reaching out again in the next few days with an on-line survey to help assess ETSU student needs during this time.
Take care. Practice social distancing. If you need help, please reach out. Our Dean of Students, Dr. Michelle Byrd, is available for assistance and support (423-439-4210; firstname.lastname@example.org).