- Faculty and Staff
- News and Events
- Lecture Series
- Research and Centers
- Contact Us
The Board of Directors of the Tennessee Institute of Public Health ( http://www.state.tn.us/tniph/res-TNIPHBoardNo021710.pdf ) took several actions related to the recent release of the County Health Rankings Report:
- In advance of the release, the Board held a meeting in Nashville that included the State Coordinator (Bridget McCabe) to talk about the rankings and the appropriate role for TNIPH.
- As a result of that meeting, the Board took the following actions:
Dean Randy Wykoff, Interim Executive Director of TNIPH worked with the Tennessee Department
of Health to plan their press release and to share the TNIPH activities with their
Regional Directors. A quote from Dr. Wykoff was included in their press release.
- Updated the website to link to both the Tennessee Data and the data for other States: http://www.state.tn.us/tniph
- An OP-ED, signed by the Board of Directors, was sent to over 60 daily and weekly media outlets across the State and placed on the website: http://www.state.tn.us/tniph/countyprofiles_pdf/2010/finalTNIPHOPED021610edit.pdf
- An on-line Resources for Communities was developed that listed a variety of web-based resources for local communities, and a listing of individuals who are able to provide support and advice to community members: http://www.state.tn.us/tniph/countyprofiles_pdf/2010/Resources021510.pdf
- A letter to legislators, signed by the Board of Directors, that will accompany a printed version of the County Health Rankings