- Rules and Regulations
- Campus Construction, Traffic & Parking Updates
- Links & Forms
- Reserve a Visitor Space
- Appeal Process
- Pay Tickets in GoldLink
- Contact Us
ETSU Parking Services
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHERE DO I DISPLAY MY PERMIT?
- Permits must be displayed on the left side of the rear windshield of the vehicle,
directly behind the driver and clearly visible from the rear of the vehicle.
- For convertibles and Jeeps with removable tops, please place the permit on the left
of the rear bumper.
WHEN DOES MY PERMIT EXPIRE?
- Parking permits issued in Fall 2018 are valid through the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Student permits will expire on August 31, 2019. Faculty/Staff permits will expire on September 30, 2019.
WHERE CAN I PARK WITH MY PERMIT?
- Students may park in Student parking spaces/lots, which are marked gold on the curb or pavement or with signage.
- Faculty & staff may park in Faculty/Staff parking spaces/lots, which are marked blue on the curb or pavement or with signage.
- Undesignated lots also require parking permits and are designated for both student and employee parking.
- A detailed campus parking map is available at https://www.etsu.edu/ehome/documents/etsu-map.pdf.
IS CARPOOL PARKING AVAILABLE? HOW CAN I OBTAIN A CARPOOL PERMIT?
- Carpool parking is available for registered commuter students only.
- Carpool applications are available online at www.etsu.edu/parking or in the Parking Services office.
- At least two students must register and fill out the required application information.
- Both students must live off campus, and both must have a vehicle registered with Parking Services and have obtained his/her student parking permit.
WHAT TIMES ARE DESIGNATED PARKING ENFORCED?
- Faculty/Staff and Student designated parking spaces are enforced Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- After 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, weekends, and on holidays when administrative offices are closed (see Parking & Traffic Regulations brochure for specific dates), students and employees may park in any designated Faculty/Staff or Student space/lot.
- All other parking regulations, including reserved spaces, disability spaces, fire lanes, no parking zones, motorcycle spaces, etc., are monitored and enforced 24 hours / 7 days per week.
ARE SHUTTLES AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS?
- Yes! ETSU partners with Johnson City Transit to provide BucShot shuttles on and around campus.
- On-call shuttles are also available for late-night service, so that you can always feel safe traveling throughout campus.
- BucShot shuttles and all Johnson City Transit regular route buses are available free
of charge to ETSU students and
employees showing a valid ETSU ID.
- For more information, please visit http://www.johnsoncitytransit.org/bucshot.html.
WHERE IS PARKING SERVICES LOCATED?
- Parking Services is located at the intersection of Stout Drive & University Parkway at 132 Stout Drive, in front of Centennial Hall.
- Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Temporary and Visitor parking permits are available beginning at 7:30 a.m. at our drive-through window and 24 hours per day online at www.etsu.edu/parking.
- You may contact us at 423-439-5650 or by email at email@example.com.
HOW DO I AVOID RECEIVING A PARKING TICKET?
- ETSU’s Parking and Traffic Regulations can be found online at https://www.etsu.edu/facilities/parking/rules.php.
- Hard copy brochures of these regulations are available in the Parking Services office.
- Please familiarize yourself with all campus parking and traffic regulations before parking.
- Please be advised that photographs of violations are taken when citations are issued.
- By accepting an ETSU parking permit, you accept responsibility to abide by all rules and regulations.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I RECEIVE A PARKING TICKET ON CAMPUS?
- You may contact the Parking Services office for information on how to pay your ticket.
- Tickets may also be appealed within 30 days of issuance. An online appeal process
is available at
- Video instructions for filing an online appeal are also available on our website.
- An Appeals Committee, consisting of a staff member, faculty member, and student, meet regularly throughout the year.
- Appeals Committee decisions are final and binding.
WHAT IF I DRIVE A DIFFERENT VEHICLE TO CAMPUS?
- Interior static cling permits are designed to be removed and reattached. So, you may move the permit to another vehicle.
- Otherwise, you will need to request a temporary faculty/staff or student permit. You can request up to 10 temporary permits online at www.etsu.edu/parking. You may also request permits at the Parking Services office Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Students and employees are limited to 30 days of temporary parking permits per academic year (September 1-August 31).
- If you will regularly have multiple vehicles on campus, extra parking permits may be purchased at the Parking Services office at the current cost.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY PERMIT IF I SELL MY VEHICLE OR THE VEHICLE IS IN AN ACCIDENT?
- Please remove the permit as best as possible. A free exchange can be made if the old permit is brought to the Parking Services office.
- Replacements for lost or stolen permits or permits not retrieved are available at the current cost.
- For exterior permits, scrape as much of the permit as possible to exchange, especially the bar code number.
HOW DO I REPLACE A DEFECTIVE PERMIT?
- Damaged or defective permits may be brought to the Parking Services office to exchange. You must turn in the defective permit in order to receive a free replacement.
- With frequent use, movable static cling permits may lose their stickiness. Please bring the permit in for a free replacement if this happens.
I’M HAVING VISITORS! HOW DO THEY GET A PERMIT?
- All vehicles on the ETSU campuses must display a permit!
- Visitor permits are available Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at our office or online 24 hours per day at www.etsu.edu/parking.
- If you are having a campus event, please contact our office at least 10 days in advance to secure a parking plan.
WHERE CAN I GET ADDITIONAL PARKING INFORMATION?
- Please visit our website at www.etsu.edu/parking.
- Give us a call at 423-439-5650 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist!
ETSU is an AA/EEO employer. ETSU-415-17 9M
Click HERE for a printable version of this page.