skip to main content columnskip to horizontal navigation

Search Options
ETSU Faculty/Staff
ETSU Students

ETSU People Search

Help Desk

Information Technology Services


Phone Request Long-Distance Calling PIN

In order to place a Long Distance call on ETSU’s phone system you will be required to enter an Authorization Code (PIN).

Business calls to be charged to the department's account

To obtain a long distance PIN for business calls you'll need to fill out a Computer Account Request Form.

Once you have opened the Computer Account Request Form, be sure to add your budget number in Section 1 and check the box in Section 3 that says 'I am requesting a PIN for university-related long distance telephone calls that will be chargeed to the budget number in section 1.'
Note: you will need to add your budget number in section 1 and check the first box in section three.

Once the form is completed, you can can either mail the form to the address at the top of the form or hand-deliver it to 424 Roy Nicks Hall.

When we receive the form, the PIN will be assigned and an e-mail will be sent to you. If you don't have a valid e-mail account at the time of the PIN assignment, then an e-mail will be sent to the person listed as the supervisor on the request form notifying about the PIN assignment.

Once you get an email account and activate it, you can either or call us at 9-4648. We will update your information in the system and have it e-mail the PIN to you.

NOTE: LD PIN numbers are NOT automatically generated for new employees. A Computer Account Request Form will need to be filled out to request a PIN for the new employee.

Transferring to a different department

When you transfer to a different department, you will need to submit a new Computer Account Request Form with the budget number for the new department to be charged. Once the request has been received and processed, you will receive an e-mail with your new PIN.

LD PINs are NOT transferable between departments in order to maintain billing consistency.

Once we are notified by either Human Resources or by the department administrator that you have relocated, your old PIN will be submitted for deactivation.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Help Desk at 9-4648 or at .

icon for left menu icon for right menu