Below is information about the Global Citizen Scholars Program, generally, and about the Fall 2024 admissions cycle, specifically. Please direct questions to Dr. Christopher Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2024 Admissions Timeline
- Application Deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2024
- Notification of Semi-Finalists: Tuesday, February 5, 2024
- GCS Campus Visit Day: Saturday, February 10, 2024 (for Semi-Finalists)
- Interviews: February 12-29, 2024 (Via Zoom)
- Offers Made: March 8, 2024
Note: Applicants will need an ETSU email address to apply to the program. All students who have already been accept to ETSU are provided an ETSU email address. Additionally, note that letters of recommendation are not required at the time of initial application. They will be requested after semi-finalists are notified. However, there is a field in the application that asks for names and email addresses of those serving as references for students.
Global Citizen Scholars Entry Requirements
- Minimum ACT Score: 26 (Superscore)
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 (Unweighted)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Semi-Finalists will be notified when these are due)
- Application Materials that Demonstrate Personal and Professional Alignment with GCS
- Successful Zoom Interview (February 19-29)
- Admission to ETSU Prior to GCS Application Submission
Global Citizen Scholar Application Questions
- What specifically interests you about the ETSU Honors College’s Global Citizen Scholars (GCS) Program and why? How do the program’s student learning outcomes align with you professional and personal goals? 500 Words Max.
- Explain in detail any one thing for your resume that you’d like the GCS application committee to know more about. Choose something that helps us get to know you better and helps us assess your fit for the program. You may wish to choose something that aligns with the GCS program student learning outcomes. 500 Words Max.
- Optional: The GCS program highly values foreign language learning as part of a student’s personal and professional development. What interests do you have in learning another language and how might doing so align with your future educational and professional goals? 500 Words Max.
Global Citizen Scholars Program Abroad
Students participating in the Global Citizen Scholars Program are required to take UHON 2418 abroad during summer after their first year (May/June 2025). While not finalized yet, the Fall 2024 entering cohort of GCS students will likely be traveling to Ireland and Scotland. More details will be provided by the time students matriculate in the Fall 2024 semester. All costs associated with the program abroad are covered by the Honors College.
Global Citizen Scholars Program Scholarship
Students participating in the Global Citizen Scholars Program will be provided a $9,000 per year scholarship (renewable up to four years for students in good standing). This scholarship may be stacked on top of any federal, state, or private scholarships; however, students in the program may not receive other ETSU scholarships, such as Academic Performance Scholarships.
To continue receiving the scholarship and remain in good standing with the honors college, students must take at least 12 credits per semester, pass all CHNG and UHON courses with at least a “B” grade, and maintain a minimum 3.25 GPA.