- Benefits & Opportunities
- The Academic Experience
- Qualifications & Application
- Special Opportunities
- Program Faculty
- Prospective Students
- Student Spotlights
- Alumni, Donors & Friends
- Useful Links
- Honors Home
- Contact Us
The University Honors Scholars program is a four-year program for high-achieving students who enroll at ETSU as freshmen, following high school. An ideal program for students who, regardless of major, want a distinctive honors curriculum delivered in cohort classes.
With a focused liberal arts experience and an emphasis on undergraduate research and
creative activity, University Honors Scholars experience a strong sense of community and diversity as well as access to exceptional
academic programs. Our honors scholars, faculty, and staff welcome students to campus,
encourage critical thinking, assist with research interests, and support students'
In addition, we sponsor activities, events, and programs designed to enhance the collective
cultural and intellectual environment and foster a more global perspective within
the university community.
Selection to the University Honors Scholars program is competitive. Applicants are evaluated on their academic accomplishments, writing, major coursework, extra-curricular activities, and contributions to their communities.
The Honors College seeks to inspire students not only to meet, but exceed their academic dreams, to find their passion while providing them the means to do so.
UHS Student SpotlightsProgram Benefits
- supportive community of scholars;
- an exciting curriculum;
- advising and mentoring by Honors College faculty and staff;
- priority registration;
- the opportunity to participate in an Honors Living and Learning Community;
- 24/7 access to computer labs and study facilities reserved for Honors College students;
- the ability to work one-on-one with campus faculty on significant research and/or creative activities in your chosen field; and,
- scholarships, awarded competitively, to assist with tuition and co-curricular expenses.