- Services & Benefits
- Current Members
- International Soft Landings
- Contact Us
International Soft Landings Designation
The InBIA Soft Landings designation lets foreign firms know that International Business Innovation Association (InBIA), the world's leading organization advancing business incubation and entrepreneurship, has identified an incubator as having specialized programs and/or facilities for helping companies break into new markets. Only 31 out of over 7000 incubators throughout the world have received this prestigious designation.
to learn more click here.
ETSU Innovation Lab's director, Dr. Audrey Depelteau, set a goal in 2011 to create the collaborative partnerships and programs as well as recruitment of 2 international companies in order to meet the prerequisites to apply for and receive this prestigious designation.
Through collaborations and partnerships between The Northeast Tennessee Valley Regional Industrial Association (NETVRIDA), ETSU Administration, local and regional economic development agencies and various other stakeholders, as well as a shared commitment to the economic development of Northeast Tennessee, The Innovation Lab was awarded the Soft Landings Designation in January of 2015.
- ETSU Assistance
The University offers a wealth of resources to meet the essential needs of the foreign companies
- Language and Cultural Assistance
ETSU Department of Literature and Language can provided services in the following languages;
- Business Assistance through
- Integration Assistance
The director of the Innovation Lab will assess the needs of and be responsible for the coordination and matching of the international companies to the service providers for their specific needs.
- Community Assistance through local
- Economic Development Councils
- Chambers of Commerce
- Power Boards
Key Highlights of the Northeast Tennessee Region
- Logistically advantageous, Johnson City is located halfway between Boston and Miami.
- Tri Cities Regional Airport is home to both a U.S. Customs Port #2082 and a Foreign Trade Zone #204
- Lower taxes, tax breaks, communities and economic development councils willing to
- Competitive Business Costs - NETVRIDA
- The Northeast Tennessee Valley Comes Back Strong
- Tennessee’s Life Sciences Industry Targeted for Growth
The Tri-Cities area of northeast Tennessee is not only attractive for its lakes and mountains, its rich culture of music and the arts, its educational institutes, but also, for its collaborative and strategic partnerships which has given rise to our extensive list of stakeholders:
- East Tennessee State University (ETSU)
- The ETSU Research Foundation
- The ETSU College of Business and Technology
- The ETSU Honors College International Programs and Services
- The Tennessee Small Business Development (TSBDC)
- Northeast State Community College
- Milligan College
- The Northeast Tennessee Valley Regional Industrial Association (NETVRIDA)
- The Washington County Economic Development Council
- The Tennessee Valley Authority
- Launch Tennessee
- The Chamber of Commerce
- The First Tennessee Development District
- The Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development
- First Tennessee Foundation
- The Angel Roundtable
- The Law Offices of Baker Donelson
- Baker Donelson Global Business