Nurse Managed Clinics
Since 1990, the College Of Nursing has established a network of 7 nurse-managed practice sites that now provide nearly 30,000 primary care and outreach visits each year to underserved clients in the upper northeast Tennessee region. These sites range from caring for our faculty, staff, and students to caring for some of our most vulnerable residents of Northeast Tennessee.
ETSU College of Nursing Community Health Centers
Johnson City Community Health Center
- The JCCHC is a state-of-the-art facility on par with any of its kind in the United States. Funded by a generous grant from the U.S. Department of Health Resources and Services Administration, it was built through the vision of leaders at ETSU, the College of Nursing and the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences, all of whom are dedicated to providing access to basic health care services for all in our community and region.
Johnson City Downtown Day Center
- The Johnson City Downtown Day Center serves the most vulnerable population in our community, the homeless. The Day Center provides a safe place to keep out of the elements during the day, mail services, showers, washer/dryers, primary care and mental health services, and connects patients with community resources.
Hancock County Elementary School Based Health Center
- The Hancock County Elementary School SBHC provides primary care services to not only the students of the elementary school, but to members of the community who might not have access to health care otherwise.
Hancock County Middle/High School Based Health Center
- The Hancock County Middle/High School SBHC provides primary care services to not only the students of the elementary school, but to members of the community who might not have access to health care otherwise.
ETSU College of Nursing Nurse Managed Health Centers
Mountain City Extended Hours Health Center
- Providing both primary care, prenatal care and behavioral health services in a primary care setting. Since 1998, the “Extended Hours Clinic” has been located in space inside the Johnson County Community Hospital. On evenings and weekends, it is the only primary care option in this rural community.
ETSU College of Nursing School Based Health Centers
University Health Center
- The mission of Student/University Health Services is to provide acute and episodic care to university students and employees. Student/University Health Services is a nurse managed clinic and the health care providers are Board Certified Nurse Practitioners.