Basic Student Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or an Eligible Non-Citizen.
- Male students, ages 18-25, must be registered for Selective Service System.
- May not be in default on any federal educational loans or owe a refund on a federal grant; You must contact your loan holder to resolve your default status. If you’re not sure who your loan holder is, log in to My Federal Student Aid to get your loan holder’s contact information.
- Must meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy; Criteria for assessing SAP can be found in the Student Handbook.
- Selective Service: Registration verification can be completed online through the Selective Service System.
- Student Loan Default: You must contact your loan holder to resolve your default status. If you’re not sure
who your loan holder is, you can
log in to My Federal Student Aid " to get your loan holder’s contact information.
- Income Verification: The U.S. Department of Education may select a financial aid application for verification. If selected, students are required to submit an Independent Verification Worksheet and Student Tax Return Transcript
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool will retrieve the required tax information directly from the IRS and transfer it to FAFSA. It is quicker than ordering tax return transcript. If you originally provided estimates for your tax information on the FAFSA, you can make a correction and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to update the information.