Eligibility and Verification
To receive aid from federal student aid programs, you must meet basic requirements. You can find a list of these requirements in this publication: Do You Need Money for College?
Basic Student Eligibility Requirements
- You must demonstrate financial need;
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or an Eligible Non-Citizen;
- have a valid Social Security number (some exceptions apply);
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree program;
- Male students, ages 18-25, must be registered for Selective Service System.
- • sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form stating that you’re not in default on a federal student loan, you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and you’ll only use federal student aid for educational purposes;
- Must meet and maintain satisfactory academic progress. The policy and criteria for assessing SAP can be found in the Gatton College of Pharmacy Student Handbook
- Selective Service: Registration verification can be completed online through the Selective Service System.
- Student Loan Default: You must contact your loan holder to resolve your default status. If you’re not sure
who your loan holder is, you can
log in to My Federal Student Aid " to get your loan holder’s contact information.
- Income Verification: The U.S. Department of Education may select a financial aid application for verification. Verification is the process used to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA form is accurate. If selected, students are required to submit an Independent Verification Worksheet and Student Tax Return Transcript
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool will retrieve the required tax information directly from the IRS and transfer it to FAFSA. It is quicker than ordering tax return transcript. If you originally provided estimates for your tax information on the FAFSA, you can make a correction and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to update the information.
- The university reserves the right to request additional items that pertain to your verification tracking group reported on your Student Aid Report.