Sustainability Pledge Sign-Up
ETSU is committed to reducing the environmental impact we have by using various sustainability initiatives. We invite you to take part in this endeavor by signing our annual sustainability pledge.
This pledge is my personal commitment to try and incorporate sustainable practices into my everyday life, as well as show support for my classmates, professors, and school as we try to make our campus a greener place for everyone. I will take into account the social, economic, and environmental impacts of my behavior. Through my actions, I will help promote lasting change in the campus community. I will share my knowledge with others so they can make a difference in the campus community today and for future generations.
Even if you feel like you personally can’t make a large impact on the environment, we as a community can help each other through small actions to ensure a healthier and more sustainable future. Here are a few examples of things you can do:
- Reduce my waste by using reusable water bottles, coffee mugs, and food containers.
- Recycle paper, plastic, and metal in designated recycling bins.
- Use energy-efficient appliances.
- Turn off lights and electronics when not in use.
- Choose sustainable transportation options, such as walking, biking, carpooling, or public transit.
- Buy local and organic food options, when possible and reduce food waste.
- Keep up to date in current issues regarding the environment.
- Advocate for sustainability on campus and in my community by sharing knowledge and resources with others.
- Tell friends/co-workers about the pledge.
We encourage you to re-sign each year to help us measure campus engagement and support
Sign here: Sustainability Pledge