Welcome to the College of Business and Technology or CBAT, as we at ETSU often refer to our College. Our vision is to be nationally and regionally recognized as a preeminent College of Business and Technology in learning, creative activity/scholarship, and engagement. This is an ambitious vision but we are an ambitious College.
CBAT is home to very dedicated and talented faculty, staff, and students. The Departments of Accountancy, Economics and Finance, Management and Marketing, Computing, Engineering, Engineering Technology and Surveying, Digital Media and Military Science serve over 2800 undergraduate and graduate students. To all first-time visitors to our website, I encourage you to explore our academic and engagement programs and opportunities. We welcome the opportunity to serve or collaborate.
Our faculty and staff are first and foremost sincerely dedicated to the success of our students. The world class faculty within our College, while being dedicated and talented classroom teachers, are also leaders in producing relevant scholarship and creative works. I personally benefited from the teaching and scholarly excellence of our faculty. I am an alumnus twice, earning baccalaureate and masters degrees.
In addition to excellence in the classroom and lab, the faculty and staff of CBAT are also committed to producing applied research and innovations which support and promote economic development within our region of the State and beyond. In other words, we are a College which thinks globally and responds to the educational, economic and societal needs regionally.
If you are interested in learning more about our College, please don't hesitate to contact me or one of our excellent staff. I hope to see you on campus in the near future.
Dean Dennis Depew
Chairs of Excellence
- Allen and Ruth Harris Chair of Excellence in Business
- AFG Industries Chair of Excellence in Business and Technology
Centers and Bureaus
- Bureau of Business & Economic Research
- Center for Banking
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center
- Meet and Greet Networking Event: Regions Bank will host the Fall 2017 Banker & Student Meet and Greet. Currently enrolled
Banking, Finance, Economics, Accounting, and MBA students, as well as recent graduates
from ETSU are invited to attend this event. The event is being held on September 26, 2017 from 5:00 to 7:00pm at Regions Bank (208 Sunset Drive, Johnson City). Please email Marci Roth or call 423-439-4402 by Friday, September15th if you are planning to attend. Resumes can be emailed to Melinda Laprade for review.
- Accounting Networking Night:The Accounting Networking Night will be held on Wednesday, September 20th from 3:00 to 5:00pm at the Millennium Centre. Please contact Melinda Laprade for more information about the event. (ACCT/MACC students)
- CBAT@Work Networking Career Social: This event is being held on Thursday, October 12th from 4:00 to 6:00pm in the Culp Ballroom. Please RSVP to Melinda Laprade by Wednesday, October 5th providing your name, resume, major, email and phone number.
- Career Services: There are many exciting events happening this fall, please see the attached handout regarding all the opportunites.
- East Tennessee State University’s new engineering program will soon receive essential
classroom technology equipment for its joint bachelor degree with Tennessee Technological
University courtesy of a $250,000 contribution from Eastman Credit Union. More..
- Three undergraduate students in the department of Engineering Technology, Digital
Media, and Surveying were awarded scholarships totaling $6,500 from the National Society
of Professional Surveyors (NSPS) and the American Association for Geodetic Surveying
(AAGS). This organization awarded 13 scholarships nationally and three of the recipients
were within our college. Congratulations to Jacob Owen of Chuckey, TN; Philip Chipley
of Johnson City, TN; and Charles Wells of Kingsport, TN on your accomplishment.
- We are pleased to announce the College of Business and Technology has been included
in The Best 294 Business Schools by The Princeton Review for 2017.
- The department of Engineering Technology, Surveying and Digital Media is pleased to
announce the Interior Architecture program has been awarded accreditation through
the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
- College and Departmental News and Events
- The Army ROTC program has released its Battalion Event Summary which includes supporting the recent Food City 300 and 500 races at Bristol Motor
Speedway (BMS), Cadets conducting Stand-to Week activities, and celebrating a new
- We are pleased to announce a new partnership with Tennessee Tech University to offer the TTU-ETSU Bachelor of Science in Engineering. This program is new for both universities. Engineering classes start in the fall 2016 semester; the full program launch is in the fall 2017. To learn more about it, please visit the engineering website.
We hope you like the new look of the College’s website. If you want any content, news, or events posted to the website, please contact Ms. Laura Bennington, phone 439-4257 or email email@example.com.