The Annual Giving Office will build and sustain a significant base of supporters,
continuing source of annual, expendable, and primarily unrestricted funding for the University.
We will acquire, upgrade, and renew contributors to the University, providing thoughtful
compelling case statements and acknowledge/communicate the impact of donors’ actions. We
will also identify and cultivate future major and planned gift supporters and collaborate
effectively with Advancement colleagues.
We are guided by strong ethics (as reflected in University policy and the ETSU Core
high level of accountability, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Develop, Document, and Communicate Consistent Practices:
- Benchmark with colleagues and aspirational peers
- Review/document procedures
- Develop methods to analyze data and target specific opportunities
- Develop a means to communicate with deans and other senior leaders
- Increase Annual Giving by at least 10% in 2017-18
- Increase Donor Participation:
- Analyze historical data and patterns
- Segment donor populations to prioritize and maximize effectiveness
- Reach out to constituents on a regular basis to build giving habits and provide stewardship
- Develop themed giving communities to promote passion, belonging, and teamwork
- Plan and conduct an ETSU “giving day”
- Plan and conduct a faculty and staff giving campaign
- Improve the awareness/importance of student philanthropy and heighten the visibility of Annual Giving among students