INTERESTED IN INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE?
Students are taught to engage in the dynamic design process & create imaginative solutions in an environment.
The Creative Arts Scholarship Program is for first-time, out-of-state graduate and undergraduate students, including international and transfer students. Applicants must be accepted to ETSU before they will be considered for a Creative Arts Scholarship.
Interior Architecture at ETSU invites you to join a dedicated group of students who are thinking globally, actively engaging in dynamic design processes, and creating imaginative solutions which promote the awareness and knowledge of the contributions of interior architecture to health, safety, and the welfare of people in a sustainable built environment. Graduates aspire to be active lifelong problem solvers, seeking to adapt current knowledge and emerging trends to meet the demands of a future marketplace.
Interior architecture is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment. These solutions are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants, and are aesthetically attractive. Designs are created in response to and coordinated with the building shell and acknowledge the physical location and social context of the project. Designs must adhere to code and regulatory requirements and encourage the principles of environmental sustainability. The design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research, analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process, whereby the needs and resources of the client are satisfied to produce an interior space that fulfills the project goals. Interior architecture includes a scope of services performed by a professional design practitioner, qualified by means of education, experience and examination, to protect and enhance the health, life safety and welfare of the public.
New Interior Architecture out-of-state students (freshmen, transfers, and international students) will be eligible for the ETSU Creative Arts Scholarship. This scholarship allows out-of-state students the opportunity to attend ETSU at in-state rates. The scholarship award may vary from term to term depending on the number of credit hours for which a student is registered and is renewable for eight (8) semesters. Students must apply for this scholarship before starting their first semester.
- ETSU acceptance
- Cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 or 2.5 for transfer students
- Must live on campus and buy a meal plan for the entire year
- Enroll in the full cohort of interior architecture courses each semester to guarantee graduation in four years minimum once a student have started their studies at ETSU. For a list of cohort courses required each semester, please click here.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 each term. GPA will be reviewed at the end of each term (fall, spring, and summer)
- Pass all of the cohort courses for that term
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" in required interior architecture studio courses
- Register for all of the cohort courses for the next term
- As juniors/seniors participate in the tutoring program for interior architecture freshmen and sophomores
Note: Students can only receive one scholarship from ETSU that helps with out-of-state tuition (i.e. Academic Common Market, Fine and Performing Arts Scholarship, Global Citizen Scholars Program, Honors-in-Discipline Scholarship, Midway Scholarship, Public Service Corps Scholarship, and Graduate Assistantships or Tuition Schoarships for Graduate Students).