Evelyn M. Artz, MD
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology
Evelyn M. Artz
Medical Education: Louisiana State University, New Orleans; MD
Residency: University of California, Irvine
Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center Division of Pediatric Endocrinology
- Artz, E, Warren-Ulanch, J, Becker, D, Greenspan S, Freemark, M. Seropositivity to celiac antigens in asymptomatic children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: association with weight, height, and bone mineralization. Pediatric Diabetes. 2008; Jul (9): 277-284.
- Artz, E, Haqq A, Freemark M. Hormonal and metabolic consequences of childhood obesity. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics. 2005 Sep 1;34(3):643-58.
- Artz, E, Freemark, M. The pathogenesis of insulin resistance in children: metabolic complications and the roles of diet, exercise and pharmacotherapy in the prevention of Type 2 diabetes. Ped Endocrinol Rev 2004; 1(3):296-309.
- E Artz, M Freemark. Tall stature in the absence of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1. 2004 Pediatric Academic Societies’ Meeting poster session.
- E Artz, J Warren-Ulanch, D Becker, M Freemark. Effects of subclinical celiac disease on growth and bone mineralization in diabetic children: implications for screening and management. 2006 Pediatric Academic Societies’ Meeting poster symposium.