- Contact Us
Gayatri Bala Jaishankar, MD | Associate Professor & Associate Program Director
Medical Education: Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, MD, 1991
Residency: East Tennessee State University, 1997
Abstracts, posters and presentations given at international, national or regional meetings.
- Tatiana Patsimas, Dr. Karen Schetzina, and Dr. Gayatri Jaishankar.Improving the Provision of Health Information and Support to Parents and Caregivers through Online Data Collection. Appalachian Student Research Forum, Johnson City, TN, April 9 2015
- Tatiana Patsimas, Dr. Karen Schetzina, Dr. Gayatri Jaishankar, and Dr. Ahmad Aboaziza. Identifying Parental Perspectives on Healthy Eating and Mobile Application Usage. Appalachian Student Research Forum. Johnson City, TN, April 9 2015
- Involved in the writing of an AAP grant for Healthy Active Living with Dr. Schetzina. Awarded $25,000 Grant from the American Academy of Pediatrics for our residency program/TN AAP chapter pair
- Project titled READNPLAY FOR A BRIGHT FUTURE.
- STATE FUNDED GRANT RFA# 34351-16124 PROJECT DIABETES- Further development of READNPLAY- in conjunction with Dr Schetzina
- Healthy Tomorrows Partnership for Children Program (HTPCP) HRSA-15-034 ReadNPlay for a Bright Future in Appalachian Tennessee March 01, 2015 - February 29, 2020
Leadership role serving on committees, governing boards in national medical organizations or as a review or editorial board member for a peer reviewed journal.
- CONTINUITY CLINIC DIRECTOR
- PEDIATRIC GRAND ROUNDS COMMITTEE CO CHAIR