- Contact Us
Welcome Pediatric Residents!
- The ETSU Department of Pediatrics Residency Training Program strives to train residents
in the art and science of Pediatric medicine so that they may be leaders in Child
and Adolescent health in their communities, nation and world. We seek to foster an
educational environment that will allow each resident to become a competent and compassionate
physician and to successfully meet his or her personal career goals.
- To provide excellent general pediatric training to prepare residents to serve as well-rounded,
competent board-certified pediatricians who are able to excel in their chosen field.
- To foster resident commitment to child advocacy and health equity, especially for
the underserved and rural patient populations.
- To train residents to practice in a team-based model to provide compassionate comprehensive patient care.
- Sponsoring Institution: East Tennessee State University – Quillen College of Medicine
- Training Site: Niswonger Children's Hospital, Ballad Health System
- Facility: 69 bed regional tertiary care facility including a Level III NICU which contains
a 17-room Special Care Unit for babies with neonatal abstinence syndrome, and a 10
- Program Size: 7 residents at each PGY level
- Emergency: Pediatric Emergency Department open 24/7 and staffed by board certified Pediatric
Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Faculty: 33 hospital and clinic based physicians (faculty members outnumber residents)