The Pediatric Residency Program at East Tennessee State University participates in
the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We will only accept applications through ERAS.
The deadline to apply is November 30th of each year.
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Clinical Skills (CS) or NBOME COMLEX Levels 1 & 2 Cognitive Evaluation (CE) and Performance Evaluation (PE) scores are required by February 1st.
- Preference will be given to applicants who passed the USMLE or COMLEX exams on first
- Step 3 is not required, but if you have taken it you must have passed on your first attempt.
- Must have ECFMG certification prior to appointment.
- We can only sponsor J-1 Visas.
- Previous GME is not required
- We prefer graduation from medical school be within the last two (2) years. If it has been longer than two years, include in writing, what you have been doing in the field of medicine.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters should be given by someone who has worked
with you enough to make an accurate assessment of your abilities. We recommend letters
written from the following:
- Pediatric Department Chair or Program Director
- Pediatric Faculty Member
- Non-Pediatric Faculty Member (only 1 of 3)
Other important information:
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check once you match with our program
- Eight positions available for the 2023-2024 academic year
- We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Preference will be given to applicants with US clinical experience
We will begin reviewing applications for the 2022-2023 academic year on Sept 27, 2023.
Applicants receiving an interview offer will have been contacted by October 12. However, there may be a rare occasion when, due to cancellation, someone would be contacted later in the season.
The General Assembly of the State of Tennessee constituted the Board of Trustees as an entity responsible for the governance of East Tennessee State University. Trustees hold a position of public trust and are expected to carry out their governance responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and diligent manner. Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated (TCA) § 49-8-204 this policy applies to and governs the conduct of all appointed members of the Board of Trustees of East Tennessee State University.