- Department Overview
- Faculty and Staff
- Medical Students
- Grand Rounds Schedule
- Contact Us
There are many as yet unexplored paths on the journey to gaining a better understanding
of the field of Psychiatry. Research allows us to chart those paths.
Several faculty at the James H. Quillen College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry are involved in a variety of research projects.
Dr. Merry Miller is currently studying Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.
Dr. Norman Moore is involved with the following projects:
- Effect of Passive Immunization on the Progression of Mild Alzheimer's Disease
- Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy for Diabetic Encephalopathy
- EEG Biofeedback relaxation training for psychiatric and control subjects
- Efficacy of EEG biofeedback Relaxation in reducing child and adolescent and non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI)
- Neuropsychological Assessment of Patients with Vascular Dementia: A Pilot Study
- Neurocognitive Impairment Following Stroke: A pilot Study
All faculty involved in research at the ETSU Department of Psychiatry welcome interested residents and students to become involved in their projects.