East Tennessee State University's Department of Physical Therapy has partnered with Physical Therapy Services and Total Motion Physical Therapy to develop an Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship Program. This program is 12 months in length and prepares the fellow for clinical practice in orthopaedic manual physical therapy. Successful completion of the fellowship qualifies the fellow apply for fellowship status through the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT).
The curriculum is designed to flow based on a sequential learning strategy. The participant will have coursework in foundational knowledge first to develop the skills required to progress into the core clinical skills. The core skills will focus on common diagnoses and management of conditions related to their specialty area. Special topics related to the practice of physical therapy within their specialty area will conclude the program.
- Clinical experience within outpatient settings
- Clinical rounds with primary care and orthopaedic surgeons
- Teaching experience within the ETSU DPT / Residency programs
- Variety of mentors with varying backgrounds and specialties
- 150 hours of clinical mentoring
- Opportunity to provide mentoring to orthopaedic physical therapy residents
- Onsite weekly course work related to orthopaedic manual physical therapy
Please visit program admission requirements for information about applying and a link to the RF-PTCAS Online Application System.