While Bucky's Food Pantry provides food assistance to ETSU students, staff, and faculty we cannot meet every need that you may speak with us about and so we might refer you to one of our partners so that they can address any other concerns you may have.
Do you feel as if your academic success is being jeopardized by challenges relating to life circumstances? We Can Help, contact Prasant Akunor, Undergraduate Student Success Specialist, 423-439-8777 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (except during University holidays or other scheduled/unscheduled closures). If you are feeling overwhelmed and would like to speak to a licensed counselor, you may access BucsPress2, our 24/7 Mental Health Helpline, by calling (423) 439-4841 and pressing 2 If you are experiencing a crisis or an emergency, please contact ETSU Public Safety at (423) 439-4480, or Frontier Health Crisis Response Services at 1-877-928-9062, or call 911.
We refer those receiving food assistance to these agencies (area code serving this area is 423 unless otherwise noted):
Daycare Services | Dental Care | Drug & Alcohol Treatment | Employment\Unemployment Services | Domestic/Family Violence; Sexual Assault; Counseling | Financial/Food Assistance | Heating & Power Assistance | Housing Assistance | Medical Services | Transportation | Budget Counseling
|Child Care Grant (DHS)||929-0171|
|TN Child Care & Resource Referral||246-6180|
|ETSU Dental Hygiene||439-4514|
|Department of Human Services||929-0171|
|Washington County Health Dept. (Children)||975-2200|
|ETSU Counseling Center||439-4841|
|Comprehensive Community Service||928-6581|
|Watauga Mental Health (Adult)||232-2600|
|TN Career Center||610-0222|
|Equal Employment Opportunity Comm.||1-800-669-4000|
|ETSU Counseling Center||439-4841|
|ETSU Community Counseling Clinic||439-7679|
|Child Abuse and Neglect-DHS||929-0171|
|Comprehensive Community Services||928-6581|
|First TN Human Resources Agency||461-8200|
|Haven of Mercy Rescue Mission||929-0616|
|Interfaith Hospitality Network||202-7805|
|Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)||282-1802 or 1-877-MADD-HELP|
|National Council on Child Abuse & Family Violence||1-800-799-7233|
|National Resource Center on Domestic Violence||1-800-799-7233|
|Safe Passage, Inc.||926-7233|
|Sexual Assault Response Center||928-4710|
|TN Baptist's Children's Home||378-5921|
|National Domestic Violence Hotline||1-800-356-6767|
|Sexual Assualt Crisis Support Line||1-800-879-1999|
|Safe Haven (Sexual Assualt)||1-865-522-7273|
|Salvation Army of Johnson City||926-2101|
|Food Stamps- DHS||929-0171|
|Good Will (Clothing)||434-0805|
|Neighborhood Services Center||928-7327|
|American Red Cross||378-8700|
|Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee||477-4053|
|Tacoma Church of God||926-6622|
|WIC (Women, Infants, & Children)||975-2200|
- Hand-of-Hope | 5 Red Bush Ct. | Johnson City, TN | 631-0636 l Provides a helping hand to those in need during times of crisis.
- Rise Up | 1500 E. Millard St. | Johnson City, TN | 610-1242 l For children enrolled in program M-F snack & dinner.
- Johnson City Housing Authority| 901 Pardee St. | Johnson City, TN | 926-3225 l For those living in housing developments M-F 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- St. Mary's Food Pantry | 2211 E. Lakeview | Johnson City, TN| 282-6367 l Bring ID, proof of income, & family size. Saturdays @ 9:00 am
- Girls Inc. Johnson City/Washington County | 227 Library Lane | Johnson City, TN 928-4251 l Bring child's name, address, phone numbers, & emergency information. Children's program 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
- Praise & Truth Pentecostal | 1111 Baxter St. | Johnson City, TN | 341-2592 l Call to schedule.
- Good Samaritan Ministries | 100 North Roan St. | Johnson City, TN | 928-0288 l M-F 9:00 am-3:00pm.
- Haven of Mercy | 123 West Millard St. | Johnson City, TN | 929-0616 l Hot meal daily 5:00-6:00 pm; Food Pantry M-F 9:00-11:00 am & 1:00-3:00 pm
- Salvation Army | 200 Ashe St. | Johnson City, TN | 926-2102 l Pantry open weekdays 9:00 am-4:00 pm; M-F Meals: breakfast 7:00-7:30 am, lunch 11:30-12:00 pm, dinner 5:00-5:30
- First United Methodist Food Pantry| 201 Maple St. | Johnson City, TN | 282- 3540 phone for details
- Central Church of Christ | 2722 East Oakland Ave. | Johnson City, TN | 282-1571 Tuesday & Thursday (call ahead for times)
- University Parkway Baptist Church | 219 University Parkway | Johnson City, TN | 926-5841 l Bring ID, proof of address, and address. 4th Saturday of each month 8:00 am-9:00 am
- Melting Pot at Munsey UMC | 712 W/ Market St. | Johnson City, TN | 423-928-0288. Breakfast M - Sat 8:00 am-11:30 am; Lunch M-F 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Unity Church of the Tri Cities | 105 Phillip St. | Johnson City, TN 37601| 828-274-1603 M/W/F 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Southside Mission Center | 2103 Wheeler St. | Johnson City, TN 37604 | 477-3005 or 926-6958. Tues 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, and 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Only closed on fifth Tuesday.
- Assistance and Resource Ministries | 714 West C St. | Elizabethton, TN 37643 | 423-768-3843 Bring ID, proof of address, and proof of income: Tuesday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Wednesday & Friday 9: 00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm-4:00 pm.
- Edgefield United Methodist | 745 Pickens Bridge Rd. | Piney Flats, TN 37686 | 423-366-1014 l Third Saturday monthly 8:00 am - 10:30 am.
- Harvest Baptist Church Pantry | 207 Old Charity Hill Rd. | Elizabethton, TN 37643 | 423-213-5259. Bring proof of family size: Every Monday 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
- Food for the Multitude at Saint Thomas Episcopal Church | 815 North 2nd St. | Elizabethton, TN 37643 | 423-542-9253. Every Saturday 10:00 am -12:30 pm (Lunch to go)
- Hale Community Ministries | 1301 Arney St. | Elizabethton, TN 37643 | 423-547-2560 l Per call-in appointment
- Phillipi Missionary Baptist | 200 Horace Leftwich Ln.| Elizabethton, TN 37743 | 423-543-1651 l Bring Photo ID, proof of income and family size: Wednesday 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.- 6:45 p.m.
- Eastside Freewill Baptist Church | 704 Siam Rd. | Elizabethton, TN | 423-213-9091. Third Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. For emergencies call.
- Potter's Wheel Ministries | 201 Cherokee Mountain Rd. | Jonesborough, TN 37659 | 948-5860 or 384-2117, call for details
- Catholic Charities of NE TN | 321 W. Walnut St. | Johnson City, TN | 753-3001 l Bring Photo ID, Social Security card, and proof of income: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.-4:40 p.m. (need appointment)
- Chestnut Grove Union Church | 367 Chestnut Grove Church Rd. | Jonesborough, TN 37659 | 753-7011. Leave a message when you get the answering machine. Will deliver when necessary.
- Pilgrim Missionary Church | 462 Sugar Hollow Rd. | Piney Flats, TN | 423-323-5535. Must reside within five miles from the church; Second Wednesday at 8:00 pm.
|Good Samaritan Ministries||928-0288|
|Good Samaritan Ministries||908-0288|
|Habitat for Humanity||239-7689|
|Haven of Mercy (men only)||929-0616|
|Johnson City Housing Authority||232-4784|
|Neighborhood Services (emergency)||928-7327|
|Safe Passage, Inc.||926-7299|
|Salvation Army (shelter)||926-2405|
|Eastern 8 Community Development Corp.||232-5097|
|ETSU Student/University Health||439-4255|
|Johnson City Day Center||434-0894|
|Johnson City Downtown Clinic||926-2500|
|Washington County Health Department||975-2200|
|Dispensary of Hope||431-1570|
|* Ask your health provider about Project Access if you are uninsured or low-income|
ETSU students and staff may ride the Johnson City Transit (JCT) "regular" fixed route
system free, with current ETSU ID, and travel to destinations throughout the city.
Visit the JCTS website for more information and to view a map of routes.
|Good Samaritan Ministries||908-0288|
For Perishable Food Items:
Click HERE for information