eduroam: The worldwide Wi-Fi roaming service for academia
What is eduroam
Academics and students are highly mobile with teams joining together around the globe. Research and Education are no longer limited to the classroom or the lab – researchers and students expect to be able to get online and work wherever and whenever they need to.
This is why eduroam was developed - to provide simple, easy-to-use WiFi roaming services to academia. One personal account wherever you are. No need to use shared guest accounts or log in using insecure web front ends. eduroam was designed to meet the needs of academic users worldwide.
Because visiting students, staff and researchers use their eduroam ‘home’ credentials to access Wi-Fi services on campus, they have a quick, easy and secure way to get online without campus IT support
The secure login system means that passwords are kept private at all times.
Who uses eduroam
eduroam is worldwide, over 600 Universities and Colleges across the United States use eduroam-and in over 100 territories worldwide
When you visit a participating eduroam institution, look for the wireless network eduroam and log in using this format:
firstname.lastname@example.org and password
If you are visiting East Tennessee State University from a member eduroam institution, look for the wireless network eduroam and log in with your university account in this format:
your username@your institution and password
eduroam network is considered a guest network and has limited access to internal ETSU resources and provides access to the following Internet Services.
By joining the eduroam service as a user you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use:
- When using the eduroam service, you shall always comply with local laws that regulate the use of the service.
- You shall not use the eduroam service for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords).
- Use of the eduroam service is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the service will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
- Logged information is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. The logged information may be disclosed under lawful order to law enforcement or other entities.
- The access-granting bodies and Resource Providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of you violating any of these conditions of use
Visit eduroam FAQ webpage to see answers to your questions.
ETSU visitors from eduroam participating institutions must follow the policies and guidelines of their institution.
Email email@example.comHours for 5/31 7:30am - 8pm