Welcome to East Tennessee State University
Congratulations and welcome. Whether you are joining East Tennessee State University as a new faculty, staff, temporary employee, or graduate assistant, you have selected a great place to work and we are excited to have you here. The Office of Human Resources is ready to assist you as you begin your journey as an employee at ETSU. If your appointment has been approved, we will contact you with instructions for completing some onboarding tasks including required paperwork and benefits enrollment for eligible employees. We look forward to helping you get started and to supporting your success at ETSU.
All new employees must complete employment paperwork on or before your starting date. Please return this paperwork in person to our office in 307 Burgin Dossett Hall. When you come, please be prepared to:
- Sign the appointment letter (if not signed electronically)
- Provide a completed W-4
- Provide a completed Direct Deposit form and attach a voided check if needed.
- Provide a completed page 1 of I-9 form and present your original, unexpired supporting documents. (View list of I-9 Verification Documents.pdf)
- Present your original, unexpired supporting document to satisfy theTennessee Lawful Employment Act (TLEA). The same document may be used to satisfy both the I-9 and TLEA. (View list of TLEA Verification Documents.pdf)
- Present your original social security card (for payroll purposes).
Within the first 30 days of employment, benefits-eligible employees will be invited to attend a new employee orientation which will provide you with an overview of your benefits options and instructions for enrolling. To help you with your enrollment decisions, we encourage you to review the information and related links on our Health and Wellness and Retirement webpages prior to the meeting and bring your questions to the meeting.